Plugin Idea: Auto-Switch... Threshold sensing switch

I have an idea for a plugin… or can be looked at as adding a function to an existing plugin…

The idea is to have a switch like Trigger Switch (Currently Unstable) or Switchbox change outputs when the signal crosses the threshold.

The idea is that when a new note or chord is hit, there is a new transient that will pass through to trigger the auto-switch to change the next output channel.

It came to me when thinking of better ways to come up with a bowed sound. Bowed String/volume swell effect

But then I started to think that it would be cool to have a different effect every time I hit a new note. I guess it can be done with a footswitch but that wouldn’t be as automatic… and not as cool… :wink:

Anyway… just want to put the idea out there. I’m not a programmer so I don’t have the expertise to do it but maybe it’s something that can be added to an existing plugin where the “sense mode” can be switched on/off. Could be fun!

Thanks for reading…

3 Likes

there’s no way to separate the old note signal from the new note, so they’d both be sent to the next output… would that still work?

I totally understand that any other notes that are wringing will still be present. The whole signal will be going to the next output.

I think an Auto-Switch like this can be a part of a very unique sound!

Four outputs will be cool… or more…
Maybe cram in as many as you physically can (8?) in a reasonable sized plugin… then the user can choose how many to scroll through. Accommodating many scenarios…

1 Like

I think that would be fine. If there was an issue with having both the new and the old going to the next output then the onus would be on the player to ensure that the old note is stopped before the new one sounds. And on string instruments that would automatically happen anyway when playing on the same string.

A sidechain would be cool too…

It may be cool to have effect changes on a guitar as the kick or a bass notes hit. Some kind of repeating guitar run/lick that changes textures with the hit of the kick or bass note…

The possibilities are endless!

Yeah, this would make a very useful piece of code for building cool setups. The newly announced Digitech SDRUM pedal fits my needs perfectly and in a way, the proposed plugin could be the first stepping stone towards similar functionality within the DUO.