Plugin Store "Update All" doesn't work

Description

If I open the Plugin Store I find some of my installed plugins labeled “new version”. If I click on “Update All” nothing seems to happen.

How to reproduce

1. Turn on MOD Duo, connect USB and open GUI in Webbrowser
  2. Open Plugin Store, choose “Installed only”, some Plugins are labeled “new version”
  3. Click on “Update All”, the button turns from bright to dark grey
  4. Nothing happens, even after waiting more than 10 minutes

Expected/suggested solution

Expect automatic update of all installed plugins to latest version :wink:
“Manual” update by clicking on every single plugin and selecting “upgrade” works fine.

Additional information

• release: 1.0.5
  • controller: 7497014

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Windows
  • System version: Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
  • Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox 48.0.1 (but same Problem with other browsers)
1 Like

Hi, just a small confirmation.
Does the same happen to you if you uncheck the “installed only” option?

Hi falkTX, yes the problem is the same, whether or not checking the “installed only” option.

This occured already with the previous versions. I thought it might disappear after some updates, but it didn’t.

Do you have some unstable plugins installed by any chance?
If yes, please remove them and try again.

I had some unstable plugins installed (e.g. harmonizer and gxtuner) but not in use on any pedalboard.
After removing them “Update All” worked. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Despite the unstable, “Update All” should at least work for the stable plugins!?

Yes, it’s expected to work if you use stable plugins.

This was probably some unstable plugin that we removed from the store that was causing an issue.
We don’t allow to install unstable plugins anymore for good reasons. :slight_smile:

I was having trouble getting the Update All to work for me but I think I figured out why it wasn’t working for me.

When I tried to update a single plugin it told me I can’t because the plugin was currently in use. I have a very involved pedalboard with many plugins. So I loaded the default plugin, which has only the gain plugin, and went back to the plugin store and hit update all and it worked!

So I guess… to insure that all plugins will update, you need to have a totally blank pedalboard before hitting "update all"
Is there a way around this?

@Skydiver this is currently a known limitation of the update process. Not only update all. If you try to update a single plugin and it’s in use you’ll have to unload it first.

We will revisit this issue in the future but for now it’s considered to be just a minor bump, not a bug.

@acunha
Agree… a bump…

Just putting in my observations.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info! I filed https://github.com/moddevices/mod-duo-issues/issues/78 just before discovering this thread. BTW I have an unstable plugin installed but it didn’t prevent it from updating.

After upgrading to 1.2.1.175 this doesn’t work for me even with an empty pedalboard …