Program Change & iPad

I would like to change the sounds during live from iPad using program changes.
(I want to use this function in conjunction with audio sequences). I would like to know if I can do this by connecting the iPad via USB B or if I must necessarily use the MIDI TRS type A connection and therefore a midi interface. [I’m referring to the DWARF]

1 Like

As far as I know, you should be able to use USB for this.

2 Likes

To use USB B on Dwarf (or any other Mod devices), you will need a “Camera Kit” to make the iPad the host.

But you can use a regular USB charging cable to connect to the USB A on the Dwarf as a device and let the Dwarf be the host.

For myself, I am using an app called “Setlist Maker”. my iPad connects through Bluetooth with a dongle connected to USB A of my ModDuo (I haven’t received my Dwarf yet).

2 Likes

the USB midi cable comes to you together with the DWARF, I solved. For now I understand that the sounds are numbered according to their alphabetical order. So the first name will correspond to Program 1 and so on … now I have to solve some other things but they concern the programming of the software that will drive the DWARF. Thank you for being interested in the subject.

1 Like