Q: MIDI-SustainToggle-plugin to toggle another plugin on/off?

Hi all,

I am searching for a way of controlling a plugin state (e.g. on/off) via a MIDI-CC - or lets say this more precise: I want to toggle a plugin on and off via sustain pedal (MID-CC 64) (first press: on, next press:off).

I found NoteToggle which does this for a MIDI-Note event… is there something similar for a sustain-CC?

Regards, Holger

So it’s kind of difficult to tell because the midi utilities don’t have a full documentation on their install pages but I don’t see why you couldn’t chain it like this: (midi cc to note) > (midi note toggle) > (midi note to cc) > parameter. Maybe overkill but it should get you there :slight_smile:

Ahhhh! Yes - that should work! Thanks a lot. I will try this soon.

Regards, Holger

I made a quick test but it doe not work out of the box. The (midi note toggle) seems not to do what i want. If I MIDI-learn this chain for enable/disable a plugin, the plugin is only enabled when pressing the sustain key - no toggle. I have to try if I made something wrong the next days. Perhaps I have to take more time for searching for an error I made.

Regards, Holger

What does the sustain key output exactly?

Does it only send a CC when pressed, or also when depressed? Which CC values does it send?

Sustain pedal CC64 is between 0 and 127. There are a lot of sustain pedals that just know on and off (or actually the midi controller). setbfree has a toggle sustain pedal to turn on and off the tremolo (or vibrato?).

I think it’s the whirl which is turned on/off. setbfree reacts on data >=64 as “ON” else “OFF”.

Regards, Holger

Perhaps I should have been more specific, but I was actually asking about the sustain pedal on @Codeman’s controller.

To rephrase: which MIDI CC values does your controller output for the sustain pedal?

//Jesse

@jesse

Must check this at weekend… I am currently to far away from my Kawai.

Regards, Holger