Rated Blue - "Turnabout" Released

Hi MODders!

We’ve just released an album some of which was tracked with the MOD Duo, it was used mostly in front of a tube amp (Tweed Fender Pro Junior) but in a few cases was also used direct. Since we used Ardour with Linux the MOD was also a great way to learn how to sequence many of the same LV2 plugins within Ardour itself for the best results. Huge thanks to the MOD team for this incredible little box! We’ve played several gigs with it now and there has been a lot of interest from musicians in the audience when they see the range of sounds coming out of that small box!

Details and links for “Turnabout” here: http://www.bandshed.net/2016/12/20/rated-blue-turnabout/

We’d love to hear from you, thanks!

7 Likes

That’s fantastic! I’m streaming the album, great sound!

@gianfranco might want to consider featuring you guys on our new website!

2 Likes

@GMaq have you considered sharing the Pedalbords you’ve used? Would be nice to see each one associated with with each track.

1 Like

@acunha

Thanks very much for listening and the comments, it is appreciated!

The MOD arrived partway through production so on many tracks it is layered in with guitars that were already done. I used the Leslie and Tubescreamer together on the song “You” and I already shared that pedalboard called ‘OD Leslie’. I’ll look over things again and if I think there is another pedalboard worth sharing I’ll be happy to.

Since I’m using an amp for tone and don’t use a lot of effects when I see the amazing and inventive pedalboards shared by others I always figure I’m a pretty boring MOD user…

I listened to your album on Deezer and liked it quite a lot, especially the minimalism in some ways (number of instruments, no “overproducing”) and some melodies. I hope your record finds many more happy listeners!

1 Like

Hi, @eggsperde thanks!

We are only 3 guys and we want to be able to convincingly play the tunes live so I try to not add extra parts and harmonies that we can’t reproduce in a show. That does make it minimalistic but I also don’t mind having some ‘space’ in the songs as well.

Nice to hear the album is on Deezer, thanks very much for listening! :slight_smile:

@GMaq Don’t worry about being boring. Complicate pedalboards does not necessarily sound better. True for digital and analog pedalboards.

It’s always interesting when people who use the MOD Duo for the real deal share their pedalboards and record a nice track. It adds a lot to the pool of “what can I do with my MOD?” or “how does it sound?” kind of question.

If by any chance you get to play in Houston or Austin TX let me know, I’ll be glad to see you guys playing live. Might be a little too south for you guys, but you never know :slight_smile:

1 Like