Received my Dwarf beta unit today

Nope. Got rid of them when I had an issue initially when I got the Dwarf. I figured that one out by the second day! :wink:

Hi, received my Beta Dwarf a week ago. Now that I got some time to play with it Iā€™m impressed and pretty satisfied so far. The web interface is great and headphone output is decent.

No issues so far with updating and using the unit.

Iā€™m looking forward to using some of the additional pedals from the campaign when they are out. And also as someone else suggested, it would be great to have the shared pedalboard sorted by unit type so we know when one is fully usable and is tailored to the Dwarf control knobs.

2 Likes

Is there an update on beta unit production/fulfillment?

2 Likes

We didnā€™t ship any last week and this week.
Last week there was a holiday in Berlin that made things a bit tight and this week we are more focused on getting the 1.10 firmware version stable for public release since this firmware will fix and bring a lot of stuff for the Dwarf (so next betas are already shipped with the latest fixes and updates). Hopefully next couple of weeks we will ship a few more.
Little note: we are almost done with EU beta pledges and moving soon to get all the others done.

Hello All. I received my mod dwarf few weeks ago.
Iā€™ll describe the feedback for guitar player.
It will be a little longer, sorry.
Also, this sentence is written using translation, so it may be difficult to read.

This is first mod device for me.
Build quality is so good.
I always take it to studio.
web GUI is great too.
Iā€™m so exited to make pedalboard.

Below are some requests and what seems to be a bug.
(Some may have already been reported)
Also It may be better to list it in another categoryā€¦
but, Iā€™m not sure to need create a new topic, so I will list all of them in this post.

ā– Bug?
惻sometime freezes.
I donā€™t know what triggered it, but it freezes sometime.
However, there is an event that suddenly no sound from the output before it freezes.
(The input LED glows green, but the output LED suddenly goes out)

ā€»As a result of updating to the latest version, almost no freezes occur.
Itā€™s a very limited event, but it seems that it freezes when I connect to a PC in Snapshot mode on Mod dwarf,
operate something on webGUI, disconnect it, and move to the Snapshot mode screen.

惻No saved parameter.
dose not saved effect parameter, when I push save PB button on mod dwarf.
I guess this is under development.
Does it seem like there is currently no way to change the parameters stored in Snapshot on mod dwarf?

ā– Requests
惻Second Snapshot
I donā€™t know how to call it.
Anyway, Currently, there are only two destinations to move from one snapshot to another.
If enable to set assignments some parameter for each snapshot by another switch
(I guess leftmost switch)
I think it will be more available device.
(It like BOSSā€™s GT-1 CTL1 switch.
In my opinion, it would be good if I could return to the pedal board selection screen by pressing and holding the leftmost button.)

惻Set the LED color each snapshot.
I think If enable to set the LED color for each snapshot,
it will reduce switching mistakes while playing the guitar.

惻Back to top in snapshot
If I push the bottom button in the bottom state, I want return to the top in snapshot mode.

惻Control parameter in snapshot mode
I donā€™t know if itā€™s technically possible
When I playing in the studio, I need to adjust the sound immediately.
At that time, a method for directly changing the parameters saved in snapshot is required.
Is it possible to assign knobs so that they can be changed for the mode selected during snapshot mode.
(I can adjust the volume to some extent by adjusting the volume of the output,
but even if the volume is 100, I could not get enough in the studio.
So it was needed to adjust the volume in the pedal board parameter.)

I hope you can refer to it as an opinion.
Thank you.

I can clarify something that leads to lots of confusionā€¦

When snapshots are activated in a pedalboard, saving or deleting snapshots happens entirely in memory. They are not saved as part of the pedalboard until you press the save button to actually save that pedalboard.
This allows you to try out snapshots without modifying the pedalboard that is currently loaded.

Also, when snapshots were activated within a pedalboard and we load this pedalboard, the initial values of parameters being loaded will match to the 1st snapshot of that pedalboard, not the values that were used last.
We have some questions ourselves if this was a good decision, but since it has been this way since many releases, changing this behaviour would change existing setupsā€¦
We will revisit this idea once we add support for ā€œindividual list-item select addressingā€ (that is to say, a small dialog where you can select which items out of a list to address to a parameter, so you can pick individual presets for example)

1 Like

Still waiting for my beta unit

We are starting to get more and more out, soon we will most certainly ship yours in the next weeks.

1 Like

I apologize for my thread derailing impatience. Iā€™m clearly excitable.

1 Like

Itā€™s fine :slight_smile: we are all excited (and a bit impatient), on your side to receive the MOD Dwarf and on ours to see/listen the amazing things you do with a device that makes us so proud. Also and obviously to learn what should be improved.

Got my Dwarf on Sunday (technically last Thursday but was out of town). Been digging in and getting to know the device. Thereā€™s a couple bugs with some of the plugs either not working at all or some features not seeming to work as expected, but maybe that has to do with the plug developer vs the Dwarf. So far, a cool little device.

1 Like

Go ahead and report those bugs. We cant promise to solve them immediately but we will keep track of them and get them solved :wink:

A couple were Beta plugs, so clearly taking some risks there. One thing I noted across several non Beta distortion model plugs is some odd behavior of gain/dist knobs seemingly having no effect until a very small range at the end of the parameter sweep making them extremely hard to dial in. Less a bug perhaps and more an enhancement request, but Iā€™ll report specifics as I encounter them.

The beta plugins may indeed be a bit or even really buggy, depending on each of them. But thatā€™s why they are on beta.

Regarding the volumes, you probably also noticed differences in loudness between plugins. Thatā€™s something that we already know and will fix. Not sure if this is related to what you mean.

Iā€™m still having the issue of when I update firmware I need to reboot my pedal, choose another pedal board, then choose my main board for both output 1 and 2 to work. Itā€™s not a major problem but it would keep me from doing gigs with the Dwarf when we can do gigs again obviously unless I brought my computer with me (when I power down it exhibits the same behavior). And yes I connect and built my board to Mod Dwarf Local.

We are having a few troubles understanding exactly your issue by reading your descriptions.
Would you be up to a call with one of our dev team members one of this days? This will certainly help better understand exactly what is happening with your device.

Itā€™s actually pretty simple and Iā€™m sure itā€™s related to plug ins:

Whenever I update firmware OR whenever I shut down the Dwarf when I re-boot output 1 doesnā€™t work.

Iā€™ve already posted the pedalboard Iā€™m using which routes the output of 1 back to the input of 2 so I can put other effects in the loop.

To get my Dwarf working again I have to switch pedal boards then back again so obviously this wonā€™t work on the road.

Iā€™ve reported this a few times with no solution. Let me know how itā€™s best to reach you by phone since Iā€™m in the U.S.

I would say that the best is not by phone, but via hangouts, skype or zoom. Possibly schedule a call with one of the developers that can help you.
Would you be up for that? At this point, I would say just mid July.

Sure, Hangouts or Skype, whichever works for yaā€™ll.