Hello everyone, a new update is here - v0.15.0 aka "the best MOD release yet".
This release took a little more time as we had the MTF event in between.
In the other hand, some of the hacks we implemented for it have been merged.
You'll now be able to use PS3 and PS4 joysticks as MIDI devices (connected over USB).
We've got 1 specific Guitar Hero joystick working as MIDI device too (red octane xbox controller).
We made several system tweaks and a few kernel changes, which finally fixes the sporadic xrun issue.
You can still get xruns if you load too many big plugins at once, but if you keep the cpu load ~80% there should be no xruns.
We also modified the update procedure to be less error-prone, although making it slower.
Any updates you install after this one should never fail.
Last but not least, we added support for user presets.
You can now save, rename and delete your own presets.
And addressing the preset list to mod controller actuators is now possible (knob or footswitch).
Here's the download link:
Note: version 0.10.4 or higher is required to install.
Here's the full changelog:
- add user preset support (save, rename and delete)
- allow to use integer and toggle type controls with midi cc
- implement addressing of preset list (to controller actuators)
- increase screenshot timeout value, needed for big pedalboards
- initial support for some joysticks as MIDI devices (via nooice project, work in progress)
- make system updates much more reliable (but slightly slower) [*]
- fix control unaddressing when moved to a different actuator
- fix loading addressings on toggle-type controls
- fix possible black-on-black text input in save dialog under firefox
- fix wrong plugin version micro/minor order
- prevent pedalboard save without name
- save gain stage and volume values when changed via controller (by clicking "back to settings")
- several kernel and system tweaks, finally fixing the sporadic-xrun issue
The update procedure is explained at the top of the releases page, here: http://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Releases
We hope you're enjoying your MOD Duo.
Please let us know of any issues!