Hello everyone, a new update is here - v1.0.0 aka “Wow!”.
This is a special release for us, I mean, 1.0 is here!
Being 1.0 we want to get it as stable as possible.
Please help testing as much as you can! Thank you.
(This release will have a 2 week testing period before being considered stable.)
So, first, we finally implemented auto-updates!
It will be much easier (and convenient) to install the next updates.
A new icon on the bottom-right of the web interface will inform you when there’s updates available.
You can now share pedalboards!
Visit https://pedalboards.moddevices.com to see what users have made so far.
Shared pedalboards are integrated with this forum so you can leave comments on them.
If you like a pedalboard you can load it on your MOD by clicking the ‘Try Now’ button!
It will automatically update and install any extra plugins needed.
We made some optimizations to the audio backend and host, to generate less cpu load per plugin.
Also the base CPU load has dropped from 8% to 7%.
We added a virtual ‘All’ bank, so you can now browse all your pedalboards from within the controller.
This is hardcoded as bank 0.
As requested by users, you can now load pedalboards using MIDI program messages.
Pedalboards are loaded from within the currently selected bank.
If you haven’t selected a bank via controller yet it will assume you want all (bank 0).
Finally, there is a big a amount of fixes and tweaks. Check the full changelog below for more details.
Here’s the download link:
Note: version 0.12.2 or higher is required to install.
The full changelog follows:
- improve behaviour under midi cc event congestion (pick the last message for each cc)
- make any received midi cc value result in a trigger (not just >= 64)
- optimize audio threads sync (and avoid context switches as much as possible)
- fix crash when trying to load a non-existing plugin
- add option to navigate bank pedalboards using MIDI program messages (default on, channel 16)
- add auto-upgrade system
- add share pedalboards and allow loading from pedalboards.moddevices.com
- add ‘update all’ button under plugin store
- automatically block UI when websocket closes
- send ping/pong messages to websockets to keep them alive
- fix install of a plugin after removing a different one
- fix double-click on modgui messing with cables and zoom
- fix loading addressed preset list with a non-existing preset
- fix trigger controls animation when generated by addressings
- fix parsing of banks containing unicode characters
- fix screenshot generation when pedalboard area size is unchanged
- fix showing newlines in error messages (instead of <br> tag)
- fix wrong connections in screenshot if using multiple instances of a plugin
- handle case of loading pedalboards with non-installable plugins
- always encode web-server responses as utf-8 (fixes random connection loss under Mac OS)
- don’t allow custom sensibility and ranges for midi cc addressings (will be implemented later)
- never show “Loading pedalboard…” when generating screenshots
- hide xrun counter, make cpu load blink instead when xruns occur
- only show stable plugins in store
- show “Loading pedalboard…” right after pedalboard reset
- show download progress-bar when downloading plugins from store
- use current MOD version as web page ‘v’ parameter
- use port short name instead of symbol on addressing dialog title-bar
- enable unicode (en_US.UTF-8 locale)
- mount user data partition with ‘commit=1’ and ‘sync’ options
- fix updates with filenames containing spaces [*]
- add a virtual ‘all’ bank that shows all pedalboards
- fix missing initial gain stage value
- save gain stage and volume values when leaving the menu by holding the knob
[*] applies to future updates
The update procedure is explained at the bottom of the releases page, http://moddevices.com/releases.html
We hope you’re enjoying your MOD Duo.
Please let us know of any issues!