Release 1.1.2: BT on Linux does not work anymore

Description

After updating to 1.1.2 BT does not connect on Linux (Kubuntu 16.04TLS) anymore.

How to reproduce

1. Update to 1.1.2
  2. Click on the BT-Icon and choose the “MOD Duo”
  3. Click on “Connect”

Expected/suggested solution

Connection via BT should work.

Additional information

Linux shows “Connecting” and right after that “Disconnecting”. A new BT discovery does not help. Used BT-USB-stick is the same as mentioned in the forum (don’t have the exactly name, only USB-ID: 0a12:0001).
Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.

• release: 1.1.2
  • controller: 21b9b4f

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Linux
  • System version: Kubuntu-Linux 16.04LTS

You might need to enable discovery for it to connect.
Try that out and see if it makes any difference.

No. Won’t help.

I see on the Mod “Status: Discoverable”. Then trying “Connect” on my Linux. The Mode switches to “Connected” and after a few seconds to “Discoverable”. Linux switches from “Connected” to “Disconnected”.

i also tried on windows (10): Same here.

Regards, Holger

Try removing the paired device from the PC and re-do the pair setup again.

You say that this happened after the update.
How sure are you about this? Did it work in 1.1.1?

Just tried: No - same procedure as before. While the connection assistend tries to connect I got a connection error. The Mod says “Discoverable-Connected-Discoverable”.

I know that it works on 1.1.0. I am not sure if I tried on 1.1.1… I think not.

Thanks for weekend-support,
Holger

I’ll try it out on monday then.
There weren’t any bluetooth related changes in 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 though, so maybe it’s something else…

I just got Bluetooth networking working between the MOD Duo with 1.1.2 and Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily). I had to set the PIN to 0000 on the computer whilst pairing, and then noticed that bnep0 got given an IP address on the 192.168.50.0/24 network (as opposed to 192.168.51.0/24 with USB), so I guessed that the web UI was listening on 192.168.50.1 and I was right! Connecting via http://192.168.50.1 seems to work great!

Hm… I now got a BT connection from Windows-10. But my Linux won’t. I think it is a Linux problem. I will go on with tests…

Regards, Holger

just to confirm… i just plugged my ASUS USB dongle into my Mod Duo (1.2.0.256) and had no trouble connecting via 192.168.50.1 in safari on my iPad.

…unfortunately, my iPad is 1st-generation so the browser just hangs on the opening screen and can’t actually DO anything. haha!

but at least it connects! :stuck_out_tongue:

cheers!
.pltk.

hah… talking to myself here! :wink: …also just connected to my ubuntu laptop via the bluetooth dongle – again at 192.168.50.1 – and yes, as @aspiers observed i had to input a pairing PIN of “0000” in the ubuntu bluetooth manager.

Hi @plutek,

thanks for reporting - but does not work with my Kubuntu-16.10 :frowning:
I found that there was a missing firmware for BT and installed it. But this also not helps. Than I tried to explicitly use 0000: won’t work.

While pairing I get an error:

But the device is in the list of known BT devices. When clicking on Connect it seems to do something and the Duo says for some secondes Connected and than Disconnected. But nothing happens. No new network device on Linux.

Seems to be a problem with Kubuntu… I can will try to connect from shell - perhaps the GUI tools are the problem.

Regards, Holger