Release 1.10.0-RC1

First time I see this… what browser (and version) are you using?
does it look the same on other ones?

#metoo

I use Firefox on OpenSuse; always have. Clearing the cache did not help, but Chromium shows everything correctly.

1 Like

so to be clear, if you go back to 1.9.3 now, the issue is not there… correct?

Not at home right now, will report back next week…

… but yeah, lqst version was fine.

Ok @falkTX, I was going to try, but to be honest I “get to the Matrix” (I mean using linux) as a rookie… So two “maybe dumb” questions:

-I’m getting this message; "Job dhcpcd-wlan0.service/start failed with result ‘dependency’.", it doesn’t say anything about the driver, I don’t know if I need anything else among the driver itself.

-How do I install packages in MOD OS? I’ve seen I need “dkms” in order to install the Realtek 8811cu driver.

Thanks!

you need dmesg here to get the expected output here, as this is likely a kernel “issue” (missing firmware).
This is detailed on the WiFi#Custom_firmware_deploy section

There is no such thing. either the driver is provided as part of the kernel and just needs the firmware file to work, or it simply won’t work at all. It is not possible to build “out-of-tree” kernel drivers for the MOD platform right now. (like those that need dkms stuff)
We enabled all possible USB WiFi adapters for each unit, but this is only for drivers built-in the Linux kernel.

I’ve tried with a Ralink (which doesn’t seem to need dkms) and with the Realtek and both send the same messages:

dmesg doesn’t say anything about the concrete driver required, only “dependency”. Anyway, in 1.10 can be two Duos (or one Duo and one DuoX) connected to the same computer via USB? That’s why I’m worrying about the Wifi thing, because they both are part of my studio and connected to the Mac…

that is odd… can you try the WiFi steps on the duo, rather than the duox?

at the moment you cannot have 2 units connected via usb, only one of them will work.
the typical workaround is to use bluetooth for one, usb for the other.

But again, I recommend to try the WiFi stuff on the Duo. It has a newer kernel compared to Duo X, so it will support a couple more drivers.

This is the DUO with the Ralink (with the Realtek it’s more or less the same msg):

It’s not mentioning anything among the driver… This concrete USB wifi stick has the chipset recommended by the Organelle guys and lots of people which do projects with Raspberrys and these kind of Linux devices (I say this becase the Realtek USB is for Win/Mac and maybe it’s not so “linux friendly” as the Ralink).

I’ve just installed the 1.10 RC on my duo and had a quick play, everything seems to be working well. Congrats on this release, the new interface on the Duo looks great.

1 Like

There seems to be an issue with saving the exact state of a plug in - I’ve got a board here that has the Titan guitar amp and the Calf EQ on it and every time I save it, close it and reload it, it reverts to some other combination of settings and I’m not exactly sure where they came from! I can save the settings I want as a preset, and then quickly reload the preset when I open the board, but that’s far from ideal :slight_smile: I’ll have to get the pedalboard in question uploaded.

The other problem I’ve encountered with it so far concerns the switchless wah - when I add it to the board it works fine, but when I reload the board, it does nothing. Moving the expression pedal it’s assigned to doesn’t do anything, and turning the controls in the interface does nothing… No idea if that’s a 1.10 problem or a plugin issue…

are you using pedalboard snapshots?
I think there is some confusion regarding them, as a pedalboard with snapshots active will load the first one (and this can override the “last” saved values)

1 Like

I deleted all the snapshots last night (they related to an earlier iteration of the board anyway!) so will check this morning and see if it works… Thank you!

1 Like

Wonderful job as always!

If I may, let me thank all the team expecially, because I’m seeing implemented some of the requests I personally bragged a lot, like IR loading and Pedalboard/Snapshot names in the UI. This means a lot to me and shows the level of attention you’re putting on the community. It also means I’m free to brag for more things!

On that note, since I won’t be able to update to 1.10 anytime soon, could anyone be so kind to post some screenshot of the new Duo LCD interface, please?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Why do the 3 devices have different kernels?
Will the Duo X also receive a newer kernel like Duo/Dwarf in the foreseeable future?

Thanks a lot for your feedback :slight_smile:
I took a couple of pictures of both screens with a random pedalboard (let me know if you want to see more)
Here are they…

It is complicated…
When Duo started up, only 3.4 worked for it, so we went with that one. When nand mainline support became a thing, we updated to that ASAP, which was 5.4.

Duo X has 4.4 because it is the official/vendor supported kernel for it by rockchip, and we needed to get the unit booting and working ASAP too. The rockchip 4.4 and mainline kernel have a few differences, and rockchip not officially supporting mainline means we need to stick with 4.4 for an initial release/testing as otherwise we can’t receive any support.

Dwarf has 5.10 because we had more time to develop for it, so we went straight to mainline from the get-go. Dwarf can use any kernel version really. 5.10 is the latest LTS so we are on that.
The Duo can very likely be updated to 5.10 without problems, we have only a few minor patches needed.

At some point yes, for sure. We want all devices to eventually be on the same kernel version.
It is a pain to maintain patches for many different kernel versions…

4 Likes

Thank you very much for answering. The new interface is indeed much more informative and usable than the former.

The only doubt I have, and I can’t check until I have the new software installed, is if it’s too difficult to read the new smaller parametar values when standing on stage with the Duo at my feet.

I know that there’s the “value bar” that gives you a quick gauge of the parameter, but in some cases you want to read the precise numerical value, say, for delay repeat or tempo.

I don’t know if it’s possible to have something on the line of the pic i’m posting (pardon the awful image editing, it’s just a quick idea)

mod_duo-1.10-edit

1 Like

What you are suggesting makes some sense.
I will save it for discussion. But I would also suggest you come back here when you install the update. I guess that you will have a slightly different opinion and understand that what you see it’s enough.
Yet, in the end, that’s up to you to decide :wink:
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

1 Like