Release 1.10.0-RC2

are you using 2 footswitches in this case? or happens with just 1?

yes I understand that, but my question remains. where is it missing from? I mean, where?

Iā€™m using 2 footswitches. With RC1 I had the problem with 1 footswitch too. Iā€™ā€˜l try if it occurs with 1 footswitch with RC2. I havenā€™t tried.
Concerning the character missing itā€™ s the last on the right.

FYI, I have a DUO X LE and in my case the web UI seem to work fine in 1.10R2, as far as I seeā€¦

Hi! I have tried a simple pedalboard and just one control chain footswitch and I donā€™t have the same issue. The problem occurs only with pedalboard I have made with 2 control chain device.
I donā€™t understand.
Iā€™m going to investigate into this issue.

Well. After 2 hours of investigation concerning led status issue I definitly donā€™t understand what happen . Sometimes it work, sometimes not. I also noticed that I canā€™t adress preset list of Zacomp plugin to knobs when loading my pedalboard, but it works with a fresh new pedalboardā€¦
I also had many hardware interface crash, whith nothing responding exept the web editorā€¦
I will share my pedalboard for more investigations.
I really hope those issue will be revised.
I was planning to buy a Mod Duo X but I seriously doubt about spending more money for a gear that can only be controlled with a Web Editor and keep it for a Helix or a Headrush gear.
It too bad because I really love the concept and the sound :sleepy:

Hereā€™s my pedalboard for issues demo.
https://pedalboards.moddevices.com/pedalboards/604f7057d9b53f22edcd3b61

Sometimes when I use the plugin which display the level,spectrum which valuses change without -inf for gain or no spectrum shown, it creates tiny continuous clicks. Is this fixable?

What unit is this? Something that happened on 1.9 as well or is it only in 1.10?

@Julien I am investigating your issue, using 2 footswitches is just not something we expected to happen at this point, so a few issues happen with it.
We discussed in the team how to go about fixing some of them (specially important the random order of foot #1 and #2). Some of these fixes have to be done on the footswitch firmware side.
EDIT: To be clear, you loaded that PB you shared on a Duo, correct?

2 Likes

Ok. I thought 4 control chain devices where supported, thatā€™s why I bought a second footwitch and I was planninbg to buy a third one (I still have space on my pedalboard :wink:)
But for the moment it doesnā€™t work with 1 footwitch :pensive:
The Mod team have done a great job. Mod devices are wonderfull but pretty unusuable for a guitarist without a footswitch controller, except for geek guitarists that love tweaking effects on a screen like I do.
But when Iā€™ve build my pedalboard with the web editor and I have exactly what I need I donā€™t want to need a computer anymore. Just plug and play.
That why control chain footwitch is exactly what a guitarist need with this device, footwitches with screens to have more interaction. Even more with a Mod Duo X that have no footwitches at all.
So for me stability of the control chain devices is the most important.

We understand. RC2 already brought some needed fixes for Control Chain, now we need to see about a few others.

I am a little confused about what actual issues remain.
Since you say.

But for the moment it doesnā€™t work with 1 footwitch

but before you said

Hi! I have tried a simple pedalboard and just one control chain footswitch and I donā€™t have the same issue. The problem occurs only with pedalboard I have made with 2 control chain device.

In any case, so far I see:

1. CC devices number is not consistent (that is, what is considered foot #1 and foot #2 is random during boot). We have a potential fix for this, pending something we need to do first.
    Workaround for now - boot the unit first, connect one footswitch at a time, and then (re)load the pedalboard.
  2. Using 2 CC devices is unreliable, at least with a Duo. This happens more on a Duo than other units, mainly because of its weaker CPU. We have something in the works that will reduce the amount of data sent over the wire for list-type addressings, which will helps this a little. Then we need optimizations on top to try and make it just not happen at all.
    Workaround for now - less cpu-intensive pedalboards

For crashes on web gui usage, this is something we actively work on and investigate. I see your pedalboard has some odd data inside, leading to presets not being loaded properly. So it gives me a starting point for fixing a few more things, thanks.

4 Likes

Sorry for the mistake. I said the problem occurs only with pedalboard made with 2 footwitches because I was too enthusiastic. Later I load the pedalboard I made for testing issues with only one control chain footswitch and it had the same issue: led status are not correspoding with footwitch leds.
Concerning the footwitch connection issues Iā€™ve even tried two footwitches with a very light pedalboard that use only 24% CPU and I had the same issue after pressing 10 times footwitches every seconds.
But I just realised that it happens mainly when using the second footswitch of the control chain and it disconnect mainly the first footswitch of the control chain! Can it helps you in your investigations?

Okay, I understand better now. Is this the pedalboard that you shared here?

hmm yes. so might be the issue is not on the Duo side, but on the footswitch.

1 Like

The pedaboard I shared is the only one pedalboard I use. Itā€™s a big one, too big for the Mod Duo I mean because I must run it at 256 frames buffer size.
I have the same issues with this one but I didnā€™t use it for testing. I made a very simple pedalboard with 8 plugins, EQs, one comp and big muff, tube screamer and a gate. No wiring.It use only 30% CPU. So I think you can reproduce the issues with any pedalboard you load.

Do you think one of my footswitch can be faulty? I bought one on Mod Device website and the other on Thomann website. I think they are exactly the same one, arenā€™t they?
Do you think it could be a ethernet cable problem or a power issue or is it a firmware problem?

I dont think it makes a difference.

some little news, I am able to reproduce the footswitch #2 disconnect when foot #1 is used on a Duo X. So for sure this issue in particular is not happening because of lack of CPU.

can also reproduce web gui changes not matching the right footswitch addressings with your pedalboard, very weird!

2 Likes

Iā€™m not alone! :sweat_smile:

And pehaps you will see I canā€™t assign Zacomp preset to Mod Duo knobsā€¦ But pehaps it woks with Mod Duo Xā€¦

Yes, it works fine on Duo X.

One bug is already fixed - the led/assignment of the footswitch not matching when changed via web gui.
Updated the footswitch firmware to 0.4.1
Do you know how to update those?

Still investigating the other issues.

3 Likes

Great! Yes I know how to update footswitch. Iā€™m going to try this new firmware.
Thanks!

1 Like

So Iā€™ve tested the 0.4.1 firmware. Now the led in the web editor and led footwitches are matching when I change the effect state in the web editor. :+1:
But led state are still not matching when loading a snapshot.