Release 1.10.2

To those here with the “CV shorted” message, we were able to reproduce and are working on a fix.
This is a regression in the v1.10 series.

2 Likes

Here is a build with a fix.
Please let us know if the issue is fixed with this. We will make the build/release official if so.
Thanks

3 Likes

modduox-v1.10.1.2235
and
modduox-v1.10.3.2370
did not work for me

tried to load
modduox-v1.7.4.855
with no success either. :sob: :brick:

please give more details than just “did not work”.
what exactly didnt work? was there anything different with the new version?
there were a few people commenting on this thread but here it is your first time, so what was the issue you had in specific?

1 Like

apologies for not being specific,
what i did

im unable to press and hold anything else

This is very odd… are you sure the file got installed correctly?
This warning is not even there on 1.9 and backwards, so you reporting that not even 1.7 works makes me think the issue is on the installation step.

Can you try installing a 1.9.x version, maybe 1.7 is too old and unsupported, we changed a lot since then.
We want to confirm here that the message goes away with the downgrade first.

Rest assured, your unit is not bricked.
As long as you can enter restore/upgrade mode, everything is still fine.

1 Like

I would assume im doing it correctly. Do decompress the .tar file before putting it on the modduox?
this is the process that i think im supposed to be doing

GREAT NEWS THANKS FALKTX!

Ya i’m not sure what i’m doing incorrectly.

1.9.3 did not install correctly im assuming.

well yeah you are supposed to disconnect the usb cable, not the power cable!
also, on the video you were pushing the current release, rather than the build I have here with the fix.

the duox goes through a series of steps when installing. from “checking image”, to “install restore”, then “install system”, then “update controller”.
at the very end the LEDs turn green momentarily before it reboots, as a sign that everything went ok.

as you were doing, you never installed any update whatsoever.

1 Like

hey guys… i found a few moments to load up 10.3.2370 just now before leaving town… it looks like this one works on my DuoX LE.

i don’t have time for in-depth testing right now, but everything looks normal, and one complex patch which generates a bunch of sound looks like it’s making appropriate noises, and all the control knobs work!

thanks a lot, @falkTX !
i guess this fix will be rolled into v11?

cheers!
.pltk.

2 Likes

this is crucial enough to warrant a 1.10.4
thanks for confirming the fix!

and to be clear on v1.11, it is not yet decided what to do with duo and duox support for it.
some of the new features we have in there were only implemented on the dwarf.
but it is still generally useful to get the non-controller-specific things as update, so…
I was thinking of an initial v1.11.0i (the “i” is for imaginary release that is not a real one), until we have more time to dedicate to duox proper again… something to discuss with the whole team, nothing set in stone.

4 Likes

imaginary release… love it!

3 Likes

OK!!! thanks for CLEARING things up!
when it says to unplug there are 2 things plugged in.