Release 1.6.0-RC1

I believe you were having internet connection problems here @Codeman. If the mod-ui can’t reach the cloud that’s the message you see. Can you try again and let me know please ?

Also make sure you clear your browser cache as there are some known issues related to that.

@x42 in my tests ublock-origin only blocks shopify track events like .../buy_now/track?even=.... That seems harmless in the overall purchase experience. I can still use the cart and make the purchase.

Regarding privacy-badger, I haven’t used before. Do you have any clues why it would be picking on api.moddevices.com ?

There’s a known issue regarding the “state” of the install/remove button for commercial plugins only. We’re fixing it. Once we release an update I’ll ask you to try again and see if it works.

I’ll be there :smiley:

@acunha

regardless of that, I experience a new ( to me) problem. My default padelboard is all-time a empty board, with connections from input to output. Since 1.6.0-RC1 this padelboard gives me trouble when loading, messages pops up about plugins which can’t be downloaded (no plugs in use on that padelboard), a dialogue pop’s up were I’ve decide to load it anyway, and the padelboard is marked with a “missing piece” icon in my padelboard library. I tried to no avail, to delete (not possible), save, resave, save with plug (even marks with the missing piece icon), save without, . . .
Means, peadelboard “Default” is broken on my MOD
However, there is no problem when I start the MOD, default padelboard will load without trouble. Only when try to reload it from the padelboard library, regardless if I’ve tried other padelboards in between or not.

Can you send me your default as a tarball / zip file? It’s located at ~/.pedalboards/default.pedalboard. Let me know if you need help getting it.

Just managed to reproduce it. Nevermind.

No, I don’t. perhaps because it’s an unknown site and has “api” in the name. It’s easy enough to white-list it.

@brummer Actually I do need your default.pedalboard. Can you zip and send it to me please?

Don’t try to fix it. I want it in the broken state.

In recent use I didn’t notice it, though often when going to the Store view, especially the first time after booting up, the featured items won’t appear up top. Refreshing the page will fix it, or switching to another view and then back.

I’ll do some more focused testing this evening, including purchasing the DT-1.

Tested the store a little bit again, and did not see any of the major slowdowns I was seeing before. I did not experience any problems loading or navigating the store, even with a pedalboard running at 75% CPU.

I purchased the DT-1. I decided to use credit card, but I noticed on the Paypal checkout that your logo is distorted:

The post-checkout process could use a little fine tuning. I saw the notification that the plugin was purchased. However, the DT-1 detail window was still open and the state doesn’t change from “Trial” to reflect the purchase. I closed that window, went back to the pedalboard and searched DT-1 in the plugins. The icon still showed “Trial” on it, but was OK once I dragged it onto the board. Functionally, it all seems in place. As a user, the experience was a little underwhelming after the purchase because a few parts of the UI haven’t updated to reflect the new state.

I didn’t read the fine print - are the licenses for single device or can the plugins be transfered to other devices that I own? If I have to reset or replace my Duo, what will the process be for restoring my purchased plugins?

2 Likes

i’ve been playing with 1.6 for a day or so now.

pedalboard functionality seems fine in terms of building and doing what it should with audio, so that’s the most important thing! :slight_smile:

re-drawing when a new board is loaded might be slower, but re-drawing when re-sizing the window or zooming is definitely quicker – that’s a huge plus for me! one thing is wierd, though: a double-click on the canvas used to zoom in to that zone. now it seems a double click makes the whole board shrink to a tiny version up in the top-left corner of the browser window. then another double-click does nothing. double-clicking on a pedal does zoom in to that pedal. but there doesn’t seem to be a reliable way to get back to full-window view, except by re-sizing my browser window; if i’m zoomed in, one double-click on the canvas zoom out a bit, then another one zooms out to the tiny version in the top-left corner - that’s frustrating.

the tooltips are nice, especially the ones for the 4 icons in the bottom-left corner (constructor, library, banks, and store) - i’m sure new users found those confusing.

purchase needs some fine-tuning, as @unbracketed reported. i didn’t see the distorted MOD logo, probably since i let the paypal process run in a self-sized pop-up window. however, i do agree that the store display should change to “install purchased” or some such, rather than “install trial”, after i have purchased a plugin. the newly purchased plugin does load to a pedalboard, and does show “purchased” in its info window.

also, i just noticed that, when i log into my shop.moddevices.com account now, that DT-1 order shows:

Billing Address
Payment Status: Paid

Shipping Address
Fulfillment Status: Unfulfilled

…i guess that because there’s no shipping involved? but it’s not tidy, and could be a source of confusion.

thanks, guys… the update feels solid, but needs some tweaks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Store slowdown

I’ve been able to replicate a few times like this:

1. Connect to web interface, once loaded, go to Store view
  2. Store loads, select “Show Beta”
  3. Go to the search filter. I’ve been searching for “cream” in anticipation of the GxCreamMachine :wink:. (It’s never there :cry: )
  4. Cancel the search filter
  5. Unselect “Show Beta”

Browser window will lock up with wait/kill dialog eventually showing. Waiting will eventually work it looks like.

I see this most prominently after a fresh web interface load and going to the Store the first time. Subsequent runs through those steps work with some sluggishness and short delays. I have not tried this with any pre-1.6 version.

maybe @jesse is in holidays? :grinning: :horse_racing: :surfing_man: :rowing_man: :swimming_man: :biking_man: :tent:

The DT-1 doesn’t have a category assigned so it doesn’t show up under “Distortion” as one might expect when adding plugins to a board.

1 Like

For now the license belongs to the device. This is a current technical limitation because we haven’t yet implemented a “MOD Account” which you could attach your devices to. If you want to transfer a license between devices just let us know and we can manually process that request.

If you happen to reset your Duo it won’t affect your licenses (which are stored in the cloud first). If you replace your Duo then we can manually transfer your licenses too.

We understand this is not the ideal scenario but those are corner case scenarios for now. Few users have multiple devices and few uses need a replacement.

1 Like

@plutek I’m confused by the behavior you’re expecting since it does not match the behavior we implemented - and I’m not talking about version 1.6 since nothing changed in that regard. The expected behavior for clicks/double-clicks is:

• If you click once in a plugin, the window will zoom into it
  • If you double-click the canvas the window will zoom out “one step”

A pedalboard could have two or three steps of zoom, depending on it’s size.

In summary that’s the general behavior. I can see a small bug if you resize your browser window and then zoom out. That’s an old bug, not really introduced in 1.6 (not that it matters, still a bug).

Can you please try the click/double-click again without resizing your browser window in between?

This has been fixed. Thanks for reporting it.

@brummer I found the problem regarding the default.pedalboard issue you described. It has been fixed. I’ll try to get an RC2 release soon.

I just tested installing the EFF’s Privacy Badger and it didn’t block api.modevices.com.

My guess is: the badger chooses what to block by detecting trackers (api.moddevices.com is tracker by badger’s definition I assume) used by more than two domains. So, if you access your Duo using three different URLs (192.168.51.1, modduo.local, a third one?), api.moddevices.com will get blocked.

Could this explain your case?

thanks, @acunha… indeed, if i DON’T resize my browser window, it all works as it should. however, it seems that if i have re-sized the browser window at all since the last browser refresh, then the second background double-click zooms out to the smallest canvas size that the GUI ever encountered (rather than to the full current window size). also, after some browser re-sizing, the canvas re-sizing sometimes gets into a state in which i lose a little bit off the right side (can’t see the output ports) when “forcing” a full canvas re-size by changing window size.

refreshing the browser window clears all the problems, and eveything is fine unless i re-size the browser window again.

hope that’s all clear! :stuck_out_tongue:

i guess you’re saying this is a previous bug, not related specifically to v1.6 – sorry, i only just noticed it, and assumed it was a result of the update.

cheers!
.pltk.