Hello everyone, a bugfix update for the 1.7 series is here - v1.7.3 aka “X or no X, that is the question”
It focuses on bug fixes and gives support for a new Duo hardware revision.
This is a required update for Duo X units.
NOTE: This update is considered BETA for Duo units.
You will not received an automatic update for it, but have to manually install it.
Direct link to Duo update file: http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduo-v220.127.116.110.tar
Another thing to take into consideration is that ‘aggregated MIDI mode’ is still the only available mode in this release.
This will break pedalboards on Duo units that rely on having separate MIDI ports.
Version 1.8 will have an option for ‘aggregated’ or ‘legacy’ MIDI modes.
Here’s the full changelog:
- fix addressing dialog not fitting all elements nicely
- fix bank navigation not always activating properly
- fix user data backup adding (useless) cache folder
- fix hardcoded “modduo” unit name in user data backup files
- fix LED blink not turning off when enabling bank navigation (Duo only)
- fix several minor bug regarding pedalboards loaded through device menu
- remove hold when changing scroll direction in Duo’s knobs
- rename “All” to “All Pedalboards”
- rename “Untitled” to “Untitled Pedalboard”
- kernel and controller fixes for Duo 2020 unit (eMMC vs nand)
- optionally format user partition during system upgrade, according to image build type
The next time you open the MOD web interface you’ll receive an update notification.
Just click on the tooltip icon in the bottom-right when that happens, then ‘Download’ and finally ‘Upgrade Now’.
Wait for a few minutes while the MOD updates itself automatically.
We hope you’re enjoying your MOD Duo and/or MOD Duo X.
Let us know if you find any issues.
If you haven’t received your Duo X yet, please be patient and hopefully it is dispatched and arrives soon.
Thanks for understanding.