[Resolved] Stereo balance issue

I have a stereo output balance issue with my Mod Duo X…

I use a simple sine generator and the Duo X is plugged directly in my Steinberg UR 242 sound card.

In system parameters, both output are at 100%…

Anyone facing the same issue ? Any idea how to get this solved ?

Capture d’écran 2021-02-13 à 18.44.49

Could be a phase cancellation issue. What happens, if you use two Sin modules instead of using the same output of one module?

1 Like

No, there is just 1 sine module… No phase issue possible with only one sine source… And I have the issue with all pedal boards I build…

Hello @Olivier_Lebeau,

are the settings on the Steinberg UR 242 identical including Hi-Z setting, PAD switch and input gain?
If you swap left and right cables coming from your Duo X, is the gain difference the same on left and right channel?

Greetings and God bless, Marius

4 Likes

Well you are right by suggesting inversing cables… I trusted my cables as they were pro quality and brand new. It is not a cable issue but through inversing cables, I could determine it comes from my Alesis mixing desk stereo channel on which the Duo is plugged… Thanks !

6 Likes

Hello @Olivier_Lebeau,

thanks for testing and reporting back here.

Troubleshooting becomes easy if you know what to do or if you look for help.
I had a similar problem, last sunday the output signals of my drumpad fed into our X32 didn’t match because of a pad switch on one of the DI channels.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

1 Like

Happy that you managed to find the reason for the issue and thanks for reporting it here.
I was already trying to understand what could be happening with your Duo. Happy to know that is not from it :sweat_smile: not happy to know that you are having a setup issue :neutral_face:
If you want, maybe the Duo can help you as a workaround if you set different output levels (and make them match in your Alesis.

1 Like