Reverb with "drag" function a la EQD Afterneath?

Hi, does anyone know a MOD reverb with a “drag” function? I’m not exactly sure what it does but it sounds like it modulates the pitch of the reverb trails… I’m sure there’s gotta be a way to replicate it using CV or something, could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

1 Like

I guess it changes the reverb speed, therefore the pitch, so maybe if I just mess with some assignments on some of my favorite reverbs it will work…

2 Likes

By speed do you mean time?
You can for example assign a CV LFO to the time of the reverb (if that’s the case)

1 Like

@jon After looking more into what the Afterneath drag function does I found that it’s more of a series of stacked delays making the reverb effect-- and the “drag” function either pushes those delays closer together or pulls them apart (so different than the “time” function). The new version of the pedal has a bunch of switchable modes for this function, including quantized to different scales/modes. Is there any delay in particular I should be looking at to replicate this? Maybe the TTAP? or maybe I should try stacking some delays with a CV solution… if anyone out there has any other thoughts, please chime in!

1 Like

Being honest with you, I still need to explore a bit more the TTAP. I know that it’s super versatile and creative delay, so I personally want to dedicated the deserved amount of time.

Even if with TTAP (or another delay) you can get it directly, I’m pretty sure that this solution will also work.
Any “TTAP experts” reading this that can help @oeSmash?

2 Likes

Hi,
The Drag function of the earthquaker Afterneath looks like a shimmer reverb, but I’m not familiar with the changing pitch of the shimmer, I’ve fought it was always 8va. But the Shiroverb mkII - MOD Devices does exactly what you are looking for !

2 Likes

I’m not sure to have clearly understood the Drag function of the earthquaker Afterneath though !

1 Like

I love the Shiroverb! but the shimmer pitch shift is not quite what I’m talking about… So far I’ve had some success with feeding a reverb pedal into a gaffa/ttap/bollie delay and using the time/mix parameters… but that isn’t quite the same either, I need to spend some time looking at pedalboards with a bunch of delays or CV delay stuff I think…

4 Likes