Sampler plugin

Has there been any talk about creating a sampler you can add your own sounds to?

2 Likes

samples require some kind of file mangement and probably some other things too
wouldnt expect it soonish, but i guess its on an idea/features wish-list somehwere of the mod team.

as @maxman said, it requires some features to be there in the first place.
If everything goes according to plan, we will have it by version 1.9, but no promises there.

3 Likes

This is on my wishlist, too. But I am quite sure that now, as the hardware of the Duo X is finally out, the MOD team will focus on the software. Looking forward to all the great things that will happen with the Duos in the months to come…

3 Likes

Hi ! Andy news about using a sampler like samplv1 ? I’d love to replace my old z8 !

this is definately on my wishlist too!!! just a few sample slots with about 20 sec buffertime to hit some one shot samples or play around with some short loops…

1 Like

Also, would be a killer feature if there was the ability to record input as a sample.

1 Like

I would say that now with file handling that is certainly on the plans. Not sure when, but the ability to record inside the device is on our wish list. By the way…the sampler is actually already there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the exampler doesnt have simple Sampler settings like ADSR, Filter, Filter Env etc…so is there a simple sampler meanwhile?

It’s an example as the name says. That plugin was even meant to test stuff but then we realise that a stupidly simple sampler could be handy on the platform.

Not yet. The priority for now is still to finish the plugins that were already in the roadmap, like the Looperlative.
If you find an LV2 simple sampler, please share it with us since it may make the work easier to port instead of develop from scratch.

2 Likes

This is pretty slick, and appears to be under active development: https://samplv1.sourceforge.io/

2 Likes

It’s already available in beta: samplv1 - MOD Audio

5 Likes

Thanks! Somehow, I hadn’t seen that, and I’m already a samplv1 user on linux!

2 Likes

So this takes any file format?
Also does it have loop points for adding sustain to short samples?

I haven’t been able to use this one so far. It was constantly crashing on my MDX. Am I the only one?

samplv1 has some issues like that, main reason why it remains in beta.
specially tweaking the stretching options causes to crash right away