Save master tempo with the Snaposhot (MOD Dwarf)

It seems that the internal BPM is set/saved per pedalboard, but not by snapshot, and all snapshots within a pedalboard share the same master tempo.

It would be great if master tempo were saved within a snapshot, so that every snapshot of a pedalboard could have its own tempo - for tempo-based effects (like delays and midi stuff): it is essential for a live performance, because switching between pedalboards take a few seconds, while switching between snapshots is practically instant.

…or am I missing something, and there is a way to save tempo with a snapshot?

6 Likes

I believe that you are correct, although @jesse may be able to confirm this better.

I saved your request :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Can you please also look at this feature request that kinda goes together with this one, also aiming at perfecting Dwarf for live performance.

4 Likes

Yep, I was just not yet there on my “forum readthrough” :slight_smile:
Now I saw that I just crossed it.

4 Likes

I second this!

2 Likes

I third this! I have one board which I want to use with 140 bpm and 110 bpm but the bpm is not saved with the snapshot.

I was also thinking if this could be got round by using midi to change the tempo. It kind of can, but not in a good way. The host tempo goes from 20-280, but control change values can only be 0-127. This means whenever you try to set a tempo by midi learn, you get horrible fractions in the bpm. Would it be possible to make the range go from 26-280 (after all, who plays at 20bpm?) such that then each increment in cc value would just add 2 bpm - such that a cc value of 47 would give you 120bpm?

3 Likes

I’m not on front of my Dwarf now, but isn’t it possible to do that via the “advanced” settings of the parameter assignment page?
At least when assigning a CV value to a plugin parameter, it’s possible to define the parameter range in these settings.
Or is that different for MIDI - or different for the global BPM setting?

1 Like