Here is a plugin to allow to control setBfree with MIDI. Basically that’s a kind of Mindi plugin but with specific parameters for setBfree.
I hope it can be provided by setBfree one of this days, but i really want to play with it now then…
It includes most of the features provided by setBfree as MIDI control, based on it’s default configuration:
- Presets (global and upper and lower keyboard)
- 9x3 drawbars
- Overdrive, reverb, volume
- Percussion including few switches
- Vibrato including few switches
It was designed to work with the last setBfree version (at least 0.8.10), unfortunately not the packaged version which is right now provided by Mod. But some of the features can still work (presets and drawbars for sure).
I would like to use setBfree MIDI notifications to update the GUI, but that’s something not yet available in Mod. I also would like to update the drawbars sliders for a more let say organic style, and the layout definitely be reworked… but i feel like it’s time to learn to play music instead of coding no ending stuffs.
Then here it is.
- The source code: https://github.com/vallsv/setbfree-controller.lv2
- And the pull request to provide it to Mod: https://github.com/moddevices/mod-plugin-builder/pull/65