Show tuner on display

Is it there already an option to show a tuner on one of the displays?
If yes, how can it be activated? If not: are there any plans about this?

A “strobe tuner” would be perfect, but any simple tuner would be nice, too.
:slight_smile:

We have a tuner already, and we’ll add it as a menu option soon.

@120dBRockNRoll

As @falkTX , we already have a tuner - GX-Tuner - in the pipeline. This is FFT based tuner.

Once that is working, we’ll see about using Robin Gareus Tuna, a strobe tuner, as an option.

Has the tuner been completed?
Will it be visible from the LCD Screen?

Thanks!

The tuner will likely be something for version 1.2.
We finalized the tasks for 1.1 now and we’ll be announcing it soon. So shortly after 1.1 you’ll see the tuner working :slight_smile:

1 Like

@falkTX
Thank you! I’m looking forward to this. It will be a huge step.

1 Like

We’ve just pushed it to v1.1 :wink:

3 Likes

I´m Looking forward to v1.1.

A guitar tuner plugin was the very first plugin that I looked for when I first started the MOD.

Now really. Train your ears, gentlemen! Tuners are for loosers ;-p

The excuse “I need to tune silently on stage” is moot as well. If you’re at that stage, you can afford a guitar technician to do that for you.

lol
I´m just too lazy to use the tuning fork.

will be polyphonic? If it is not, consider developing.

The tuner that is currently in use for the MOD Duo is not polyphonic, it can be accessed by upgrading to version 1.1.0-RC1, and then holding down the right knob untill it shows up.

For more information, see this thread: Release 1.1.0-RC1 (Release Candidate 1)

1 Like

I installed 1.1 and super happy that the tuner is in place now.
Can we get some specs on the tuner? How accurate is it?

My favorite tuner is the strobotuner… Will there be an option for a strobo tuner type in the future?

Thanks for a getting this implemented!
One more pedal off my physical pedalboard… :grin:

1 Like

GxTuner has a tuning range from 20Hz to 1000Hz (E0 - B5) were it tracks frequency’s accurate. Frequency’s outside this range wont be tracked correct and been therefore omitted.
This limitation allow us a extreme low DSP load.
It is monophonic using a twelve-tone equal temperament (GxTuner offer more (micro-tonal) temperament’s in it’s LV2 version).

1 Like

Is there a way to not mute the output signal while tuning? ie tune live while playing?

Does it use FFT and track overtones, or does it work like a strobe tuner and track phase of the fundamental?

How accurate is it?

What fraction of a semi-tone are each of the bars?

Thanks for the great work!

It use fftw3 and tracking maxima.

In the tuning range it is good for ~ 0.02 Cent

Can’t answer that for the MOD, maybe falkTX can.
I guess that the complete range of the display is ±49 Cent.
In my stand alone implementation, I have split the range of the bars, so that the last 10 Cent before match, get a wider range then the remaining 39 Cent.
That is visible by marks in the display.

1 Like

So if an overtone is louder than the fundamental (common with the bridge pick-up esp on bass or some reed instruments) the overtone will be tracked?

Yes