Show Us Your MOD Setup!

I wish my fever could be solved by more cowbell.

I’ll tell you that I don’t need a cowbell to wear a tight fitting shirt and explore the space.

I’m gonna edit this post with some context lmao

3 Likes

I can’t tell you all how much I am loving this rig. The desk is L shaped and powered. I have a memory setting for standing at the piano. The keyboard is just a Casio, but it has 88 fully weighted keys and seamlessly USBs to the iPad (usually) or the Dwarf (often) or the Mac (occasionally). The Dwarf is sitting on the keyboard in case you couldn’t spot it. Very easy to change both audio and MIDI plugs.
I’m just loving having the browser window always showing the Dwarf, and the Steinberg mixer on screen, and my choice of DAW on the main screen.
I spark up the fender amp less these days, but it’s a nice option. The Marshall is an all valve job, and often all I want is to plug the Les Paul straight into that and let rip :metal::metal:
Such a killer tone that I really haven’t been able to recreate with anything else.
The floorboard with the expression pedal is a Roland GK-55 (not 33 as I said in another post). It needs a guitar with a GK pickup to plug in - but it then outputs a stereo signal from its synths and guitar modeler, plus the direct guitar signal, pass-through style.
The studio monitors are Presonus units. Lovely sound.
I use Garageband on the iPad and the Mac as well as Adobe Audition on the Mac. I’m still totally noob to the world of DAW stuff.
I watch endless Youtube vids about every aspect of this stuff. I’ve had a guitar for years, but all the rest of this stuff is very new.

Incredibly enjoyable just sitting down at this and learning/playing/creating.

When my pets leave me alone, that is.

15 Likes

Lovely corner :star_struck:
I’m curious about how it sounds (with and without pets :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

“Tone is in the pet hair”

8 Likes

Man I would love to have a sit stand desk. How does it go with all the cables?

I have the same ones (eris 8?), they are really impressive for the price. Much better than yamaha’s and KRK’s in the same price range IMHO

I’m an Ableton Live user myself but I do also use Adobe Audition. I feel like it’s a hidden gem not many people talk about but it’s really good for batch processing audio files and stuff. It also has some pretty decent noise removal and other processes for repairing audio

What’s the bass guitar? it looks nice

Also nice printer! haha

Gotta love the furry studio friends too, very jealous

4 Likes

Just interjecting here, cables are fine for standing desks. Just make sure they are long enough for when desk is up and tie them together in reasonable ways. Then it works quite fine, can speak from personal experience :blush:

10/10 can recommend

7 Likes

Oh nice! I have the least flexible calves so I thought it would be nice to try standing on a little ramp to stretch them while I work :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m just imagining what kind of face Falk will make when he lifts the table and all the lights go out upstairs…
:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I solved this problem like this:

6 Likes

They kind of market it more to the “voice-over world”. I have a friend that does voice-over work and is really into that and they just use Audition. I helped him at some point and agree with you, the noise things are incredible! And super detailed. Another thing that makes it perfect for voice over.

2 Likes

Well here’s the craziness I’ve been slowly working on this past year.

On the left is my bass board with the Mod Duo. The Duo is acting as an FX loop for only reverb and delay with the wet only signal being mixed back into the audio path via the EHX Tri Parallel Mixer. If I have MIDI bass needs, the Duo acts as a MIDI plumber between the bass MIDI, MIDI Baby and my Dirtywave M8 which is currently attached to the pedalboard on the right…

The pedalboard on the right is my guitar rig. It can be used for standalone guitar jamming with my essential go-to fx like Muff, delay, detune and amp sim. It is also the crazy MIDI plumber, joining my EHX v256 (via Dwarf serial MIDI OUT), my Jamstik Studio MIDI guitar (connected to WIDI jack which is then connected to Dwarf serial MIDI IN so if the bluetooth stuff craps out, I can just connect the Jamstik to the Dwarf in the same port with its TRS MIDI out), the M-Vave Chocolate via USB for switching and expression from the Hotone Soul Press II (which also simultaneously is a wah being fed into the Dwarf), the Dirtywave M8 via USB which can act as a standalone synth getting notes from the Jamstik but also as a sequencer, sampler AND is sending program changes to the Dwarf to switch pedalboards and snapshots. Oh and then all of this is also connected via USB to my PC where I use Reaper as a sort of live rig/VST Host for all the songs I’ve written with my band over the past 12 years.

That’s a lot, I know. If anyone has any questions, please ask! They’re damn powerful setups and I couldn’t have made it happen without Mod!

15 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

Thanks! But I definitely have to clean up the wiring on top of the Dwarf board!

4 Likes

Yep, I have been using it from before I rediscovered music. Been using Premiere and After Effects for many years - so would just occasionally use it to work with audio tracks. It does some crazy stuff - like retiming complete songs - shorter or longer - incredibly seamlessly.

3 Likes

The desk can be diabolical for the unsuspecting. When I first had it I would rearrange things with it in one position - like deciding something else could sit on top of the Fender amp while it was in the standing position. Then I would lower it down and totally shit myself as I hear something grinding and crushing :scream:
Likewise, setting cables up in a lower position and later raising it can lead to some startling results. lol
I have a cable tidy thingo under the computer for some of its cable excess, but mostly I’ve just learnt to set up solid things underneath when it’s in its lowest config and set up cables going from desk to ground when it is in its highest config.

Yes - I’m pretty sure the monitors are E8s.

My bass is an Ibanez Soundgear SR300. I think that’s their economy brand - it was only au$700, but it is brilliant! Has 3 pots for bass/middle/treble rather than a single tone pot, and the pickups are humbuckers that can be split or some power tap thingo that seems to combine the best of both a split coil and humbucking sound. Oh, and instead of just switching neck/bridge pickups, there’s another pot to allow you to dial in a variable amount of either. So flexible! I’ll admit, especially now that I have the Dwarf, I think I’m having more fun with the bass than my 6 string guitars!

7 Likes

Very nice idea.
Great set-up pics.
Rene

3 Likes

Took me a while to spot the MIDI plumber pedal ; )

Then I read it properly! Seriously cool boards but man I need to tidy dem cables up!

3 Likes

This is cool! Do you use any amp plugins on the dwarf with the guitar rig?

2 Likes

Please build a MIDI Plumber pedal with Super Mario graphics on it! I want one :laughing:

2 Likes

Yep, got the cables a little tidier, but they still need work. Also decided to move things around because I wasn’t at all comfortable stomping the v256 up in the middle of the board while I was singing:

And shouldn’t be hard to spot the actual MIDI plumber pedals in my setup: the Dwarf and the Duo really do all the plumbing!

5 Likes

Onyx!

4 Likes