Slow visual response when changing presets

Description

In the latest release, the responsiveness of the right encoder when changing presets has changed in a couple of ways - the fact that it doesn’t immediately scroll through every sound switching between then and glitching like crazy is REALLY great, but the slowness of the visual feedback in responding makes it really difficult to choose a specific preset from a list. From the little experimenting I’ve done, I think the audio and loading times etc. are pretty much exactly as I’d like (you can scroll to a particular preset and then after a tiny delay it loads - just as it should) - the problem is that the scrolling of the list doesn’t actually catch up until the preset loads, so I’m having to guess how far to turn the knob!

How to reproduce

1. Load a pedalboard with presets
  2. Change presets
  3. watch the display not move until the preset loads, while you hope you’ve turned it the right distance for the one you want :slight_smile:

Expected/suggested solution

Have the screen change immediately, but the audio/preset loading stay as it currently is (this is such a useful change, once we fix this lil’ thing!)

Additional information

Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.

• release: latest
  • controller: latest

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

only an issue when not plugged in…

…ah, actually having played some more it is still doing the thing where it loads the interim boards when you’re switching from one at the start of the list to one at the end…

…so, if it’s possible to have the visual list respond with the movement of the controller, but then have the preset actually load after a fraction of a second (at some point in the future it might be nice to have that time be selectable in the settings window - like the setting for a ‘long press’ on a touch screen phone…) - it would probably save a huge amount of strain on the processor not trying to load and unload a whole load of boards in the space of half a second! :slight_smile: