Source Audio Hot Hand USB with Duo?

I just remembered about the Hot Hand by Source Audio. They have a version which has a USB dongle receiver.

Has anyone used the Hot Hand with the Duo?
Looks like a great controller.

I was think it would be cool to attach it to a guitar (the NS/Stick in my case) and manipulate effects by moving it around.

For example: Maybe pitch shift up when I raise the neck and bend down when bringing the neck down.
Or using filters or changing the gain… The sky’s the limit…

This idea reminded me of the Sensus guitar when he raises it and it makes a wonderful screaming sound…

2 Likes

I ordered one of these… Looking forward to trying it with the Duo.

I plan to use it like this guy on the headstock.

I got one yesterday and it work great with my MOD X.

3 Likes

Show us a video :wink:

I will try later to make a video. I assigned HH to Control to CV plug, very useful plugin - I can assign HH motion then to multiple parameters.

4 Likes

Finally I had some time with Hot Hand - it is designed to work with Mod. The best way is to assign HH to Control to CV plug, so it can be assigned then to controll many parameters. I assigned it to the volume plugin (reversed) so I can make volume swells with moving guitar neck. I also assigned HH to ambient style sound path, so the sound can be mixxed in also by moving guitar neck.

4 Likes

It sounds cool! I would be up to watch a simple video of it :wink:

2 Likes

nooooooooooo… from the current Source Audio website:

HOT HAND USB WIRELESS MIDI CONTROLLER This product has been discontinued.

:frowning:

1 Like

Yeah. It’s been discontinued for a while…
I still have mine somewhere. It’s such a cool thing!

2 Likes

maybe something like the Genki Instruments Wave can fill your gap @plutek :wink:

2 Likes

Hopefully it is still possible to buy separatelly ring and usb stick, and they are not so expensive (in EU).
maybe something like the Genki Instruments Wave can fill your gap @plutek - nice to see there is a second option. I will check it. I am curious if it also works in few axis as HH. The only con at this point is its price, USB HH costs lower then 100 euro.

3 Likes

thanks, @jon and @Lukasz … the genki wave looks really interesting!

2 Likes

Yeah it`s interessting :wink: Been looking for something like that when playing percussion. I Woner if this could be possible with a phone? I believe It has some kind of Gyro tracking.

1 Like

I knew about something, but I can’t remember the name now. Anyway, a quick Google search and found this. It’s not what I knew, but looks like it can be what you want

2 Likes

Hello @Skydiver Dean (original poster) and Lukasz (happy user of a Source Audio Hot Hand USB),

I have moved your experiences to the appropriate
Using Mod Devices → Setup Questions category.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

4 Likes