Stepping Through a List of Options With One Footswitch

Hi all,

what would be the best practice to make a footswitch stepping through a list of options? Such as pressing once RECORD, pressing the second time PLAY, pressing the third time STOP, and then start all over again.

This is only one example, but I have other uses I can think of.

Hans

P.S. I’m new here, so let me know if this is the wrong category. The last two days have been a blast with the Dwarf, though.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s exactly what you are searching for, but maybe the Multi button to CV would help you out. Does it?

1 Like

Not so bad, but I had trouble in the past with short/long/double press, it requires too much thinking during performance. What I eventually want to do is rapidly press a button, in which each press yields radically different sounds.
Hans

1 Like

I think i understand. Maybe it is possible to have that function on a step sequencer? So that one push = one step in the sequence? This would imply the option to choose number of steps in the sequence. I don’t think the Mod midi sequencers do that, but you might be able to find one that does using Cardinal. But that’s a little fiddly. It would cool to have it as CV plugin. A “CV Sequencer”. Just a quick “morning coffee before work” thought. :wink:

4 Likes

sounds intriguing, I’ll have to investigate…

2 Likes