Suggestion: Show visual feedback on MIDI control messages

A slight “quality of life” suggestion regarding midi controllers and the mod duo.

I am an ambient musician and a sound designer, and I often like to have access to a lot of parameters to change to shape the sound to my liking. Because of this I use MIDI controllers with a lot of knobs, but it can get really confusing very quickly what knob does what because of lack of visual feedback.

So, my suggestion regarding that is that it might be quite useful to display on one of the screens the information about the MIDI knob you are turning. Similar to if you would use the knobs on the mod duo, except in this case it would only appear while you are turning them on your midi controller, and then go back to the regular mod duo one once you are done.

4 Likes

@JohannesG

Thank you for the suggestion, I agree that it would be quite nice to have that feature. At the same time, it is not by any means simple/quick to implement, so if we do implement this, it will probably be quite far into the future.

2 Likes

Maybe you don’t even have to implement this yourself, @jesse … if you make one of the displays accessible via the API I am sure that users will come up with creative and practical use cases for it. This would be pretty cool, actually :wink: