Survey for the Dwarf crowdfunding fulfilment is now online!

Thanks for explaining in more detail, @gianfranco.

I would ask, however, about the following:

If users start cashing their coupons upon receiving their units, isn’t that an impact on your reserves? If part of MOD’s future plans is to have a marketplace that generates revenue, what are your revenue expectations in the short term if most of new sales are not generating income? Was there a steady flow of sales from the store before?

2 Likes

hi @funkypou

Only our core team has reduced. We have part time freelancers that execute these tasks and will continue to do so. Furthermore, the contractor has matured a lot with the Dwarf and we shall move some of these tasks to his side.

@pjd

As we explained in here - Survey results, Reboot or Hibernation - this reboot is a 6 month runway and we will fundraise again. It is part of the reboot tasks to prepare for that. But yes, it is a risk.

The community is moving in this regards and, in the case that all goes south, it is almost a certainty that there will be a self sustainable solution for the open source plugin store and pedalboards sharing.

@QuestionMarc

There is an impact. That is one of the reasons that the 150€ are split into 3 coupons that become valid at later stages. Furthermore, the current revenue from the shop, although growing, is not yet meaningful enough to generate an impact we cannot manage.

The shop had a steady and growing flow in 2021.

5 Likes

While waiting for the start of the 150 euro option, I have a little question. In prevision to receive my dwarf I asked in the forum for the possibility to buy an expression pedal.
Now I know that the first units will go to the crowfunder and to the one that have already paid.
So the question is… Do you plan to produce more than needed? Can I register to buy one?

Thanks
Rino

2 Likes

@Rino2

At first we will get the DVT batch (the pilot run) with a couple dozen units to validate everything and polish what needs polishing.

We’ll create the marketing material with these units and collect interest from dealers and new users.

At that point, you will be able to reserve one from the first actual production batch. We want to accomplish this in the next 6 months, but it is likely that the actual delivery of this 1st production batch happens after.

3 Likes