The DUO as an educational tool. Any educators using the DUO?

I was just wondering if the DUO is being used at any educational institutions for teaching audio processing or programming.
I remember when Line 6 had the Tone Core development kit pedal… I read that some school was using this pedal to teach DSP and programming with it.

I think it may be a great place to sell some more DUOs… and I would probably go to that school to learn programming…

Just some thoughts I have…

1 Like

Actually, there is a Duo at IMT (Instituto Mauá de Tecnologia) in Brazil being used for eduction!

@gianfranco can tell you more about it :wink:

2 Likes

Actually it is Instituto de Musica e Tecnologia, or IM&T :wink:

Kleber K. Shima is a teacher there and uses the Duo both on the Rig Setup as on the Band Rehearsal courses.

Another user, André Martins, also a teacher, uses a lot the Duo for his lessons.

2 Likes

The educational potential of the Duo is enormous (I’ve learned so much just by playing with it and I am not a musician per se :smile:).

We’re trying to come up with different educational projects and there’s a lot that can be done.

The webinars initiative is one of these projects.

But also providing Duos for music schools and colleges, with some active collaborations already and some being discussed.

It’s great that you have brought this up @Skydiver and if there are educators around or people with ideas for educational projects, I’d be very happy to have a chat about it!

2 Likes

it is worth to mention that we have been discussing with Marc Groenewagen, teacher from the HKU in The Netherlands, about the educational possibilities of the Duo

This includes plugins done for that purpose.

I get really excited with the idea :wink:

3 Likes

In the future future we will support plugins who also handles the entire UI. When that happens the possibilities will be endless.

1 Like

Yup, I’m using it with some students so they can visualise signal flow and hear the impact of reordering effects :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes!
Like @solobasssteve the MOD is helping some of my students to understand signal flow and I´m using the MOD as a basic two channel mixer during classes. :blush:

3 Likes