Tone match plugin

Hi! It would be very interesting to have a tone match feature/plugin.

3 Likes

I 2nd that. Would love to see a plugin for that.

1 Like

I’ve written one here:

but it doesn’t have a MOD UI.

2 Likes

@brummer thanks a lot! To me it would be very useful a video tutorial of the usage with some real examples. Would you do it please?

Sorry, that’s not on my to do list.
But, the usage is very simple. You just send the source you would match the tone of, to the plugin, it will measure the spectrum in 10 bands (press match1).
When done press match1 again. Then you send the destination source to the plug and press match2, and press match2 again when done. Time didn’t matter here, as we go for the max values in the bands.
The plug will calculate and set the needed settings for the EQ so that the destination source match the spectrum of the source sound. At least, it’s more a plug for mastering then for live performance, that’s why I never consider to make a MOD UI for it. Still it could be useful on the MOD even in live performances, as you could save the settings as presets to reuse them.
If you are a linux user you could try it by yourself anyway.

2 Likes

Thanks, I think such kind of plugin would be extremely useful for MOD since it would mimic the tone match feature of Fractal devices.

1 Like

@brummer what’s the difference with melmatcheq? This has only more bands? Any chance to port it on mod?

2 Likes

Hi @redcloud

Technically yes, it’s the same then the MatchEQ, but the bands in use being selected according to the Mel Frequency cepstrum.(MFC).
Porting it to the MOD will require some java script as some of the functionality is in the UI thread.
Currently I’ve no plans to port it to the MOD, but that may change when I receive my Dwarf. :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks! I managed to make it load with no gui on Dwarf but it seems that capture functions are not working. I press Match1 (switch goes to ON) to record source audio then press Match1 again (switch goes to OFF). Then press Match2 (switch goes to ON) to record audio from my guitar then press Match2 again (switch goes to OFF) but nothing changes (all the knobs keep original values).

1 Like

Yes, that’s expected. The logic to calculate the needed EQ settings is done in the UI.
It would be possible to move that into a worker thread in the plugin, then it should work on the MOD without the need of java script.

3 Likes