Tuner Display

After finally understanding the Mod Dwarf and starting to really like it’s potential and it’s abilities. I did notice that in actual combat/gig term, the Tuner display is too small. As an older musician it’s hard to see what pitch is being displayed. A great feature would be to change the Tuner note display to a size to your liking…. Plus have different tuner displays for example Strobe, Polyphonic, For Guitarist, drop D tuning, etc etc. My main concern is the display size of the Tuner. Plus I want to take the mute off of button B, and put it to Button C, How do I do that? I couldn’t find where to access the Tuner to change the mute button?

3 Likes

Yes, I agree !
When you’re nearly in tune the tuner is nearly useless, because the gap is too small graphically but still huge to be tuned I think !
Strobe tuner make it easy to see and easy to be accurate because it’s not a graphical precision, but a motion that guides the tuning : less it moves more you’re reaching the “perfect” tuning.

If making a strobe tuner is too time-consuming a log scale would be a more precise choice :
…|----------|----------|----------||----------|----------|----------|
-100>>>>>-30>>>>>-10>>>>>>0<<<<<<+10<<<<+30<<<<+100

7 Likes

Yes I agree the tuner function is not as accurate as it should be. A strobe or log scale would be better. Rom, let’s see what happens…. :crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:

3 Likes

We just mapped it @BklynGeno and @Rom

This is currently not possible. The tuner is a system plugin and the parameters and not assignable.

2 Likes

Thanks !

It would be useful to change the pitch too ! I use a lot 442Hz (because winds love to shine)

5 Likes

Hello @jon excuse my ignorance but I take it that “we just mapped it” means it’s on a to-do list?

2 Likes

Yeah, typically when they get suggestions or requests; the team will log them and attempt to prioritize features on their internal development roadmap.

2 Likes

…or 432Hz! :wink:

4 Likes

@BklynGeno that’s exactly what @Elk_wrath said (thanks for the help @Elk_wrath :slight_smile: ).
Requests are mapped in one list and then they are evaluated in order to set the roadmap.
On this evaluation we check things like: how many people is asking for X thing, how easy it is to implement, if it fits in the propose of the device, if it can be solved by something that was already in works, etc.

4 Likes

In that case let me join the chorus of people who want an improved tuner. Me personally, I don’t actually mind the current look (although I understand the appeal of a strobe tuner), I just wish it had more increments to let one know how close to the note one is—it seems like a bit of a blunt instrument and when it says I’m on the note I wonder if I’m still a few cents off.

7 Likes

It’s exactly that way that it works :slight_smile: And I joined you on the “Chorus” :wink:

3 Likes

I like my Korg PolyTune too much to take it off my board.

I enjoyed your way of saying winds are not quite in tune…

4 Likes

Polytune is TC, no? I love mine, so handy!

TC, correct. Not sure why I typed Korg, but it is sitting next to my Korg electric piano.

2 Likes

I agree that we could make the increments finer and have a larger character for the note. I’m joining the choir :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

There may be a limit to what can be done with the Mod GUI, but I have really found it helpful in the past with tuners that show the pitch over time instead of an instantaneous view of pitch. Something like:

https://yousician.com/guitartuna

It would be fantastic if something like that on top of a larger instant view was possible in this update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not a bad idea, I also quite like the 2 modes on the Ableton tuner. One of their modes also shows the pitch over time

4 Likes

I support this wish, especially if you sometimes play with brass or string ensemble, this is vital and currently only realisable with external tuners.
Some people also like to play a semitone lower (e.g. me with an ageing voice), so a lower fundamental frequency would be very desirable.

4 Likes

Let’s hope that the tuner fixes makes the next upgrade! I like that the Mod Dwarf is small, but if your going to use it as more a foot pedal, then the Mod Dwarf should be bigger so that you don’t have to bend to adjust like it’s a table top unit. Or something to that effect. For example the Neural Quad Cortex is a unit that has a small blueprint. I believe a updated Mod Dwarf could be some where in size between the current Dwarf and the Q. Cortex. And still keep the web based GUI!!

2 Likes