Unable to remove some unstable plugins

Description

I’m unable to remove some unstable plugins that I believe was originally pre-installed from when I received the device. I’m seening the error with GxAutoWah. The JS console shows a status 500 error:

[Log] MOD authentication succeeded (192.168.51.1, line 134)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (get, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) (uninstall, line 0)

Screenshot:

How to reproduce

1. Open mod ui, go to plugin store view, click on Filters, click on GxAutoWah, click on Remove.

Expected/suggested solution

Plugin should be removed.

Additional information

Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.

• release: 1.3.1
  • controller: e582b18

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Mac
  • System version: 10.12.3
  • Browser: Safari Technology Preview release 25

Actually after rebooting the Mod Duo and reconnecting, it looks like that particular plugin is gone. So perhaps it did uninstall but the UI failed to notice it being gone.

Maybe some network error, as the old images could not be displayed.
Glad it worked out fine after a reboot.
Let us know if it happens again.

Yeah, since this has to do with Unstable plugins, I don’t think there’s anything to do unless people see this issue removing stable plugins too.

just yesterday, i had a pedalboard in which “MIDI note transpose” and “amsynth” wouldn’t remove - they’re both stable… and also “stereo routing”, which is unstable. but after a re-boot, things are fine.

…it seems like part and parcel with my observation (made in another thread) that after some amount of editing in a complicated pedalboard, sometimes things get weird in the UI – transparent plugins, ones that won’t remove, MIDI CC assignments not being re-learnable.

it’s super-hard to nail down a cause. “save often, and reboot as necessary” seems to get me out of most situations. …and an occasional “hold down the left footswitch while rebooting”, too…

i think i might be guilty of thrashing pretty hard on the MOD, but i haven’t been able to permanently turn it into a brick yet! :smiley: …and, once i get any given pedalboard to a stable state while building, the MOD has never yet choked in performance!

so: thanks again to all the devs and all you guys in the community!

1 Like

Same — the most frequent symptom for me is being unable to save changes to a pedalboard after some amount of editing. Rebooting works around it for now.

yeah, i’ve seen that too…

If you use unstable plugins, then for sure “save often” is a must.
Maybe even save-as to leave the old pedalboard intact.

Unstable plugins might have memory corruption issues, which pretty much breaks everything…

1 Like

I’m definitely seeing these issues without using any unstable plugins. At least I’ve tried to uninstall all unstable ones though I’ve had trouble doing so, but I think they’re all gone now. (They weren’t used in the pedalboard in any case.)