USB MIDI between computer and MOD

Is it possible to transfer midi data on the USB A and B ports?

Hi Jay,

Check this page it might help: https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/MIDI_Implementation_Diagram

USB B is used to connect the MOD Duo as a device in your computer. It does send MIDI signals out, but it can not be used as an input for an external MIDI device.

USB A can be used to connect external MIDI devices and you can also use a USB hub to connect more than one device to the same port.

Hope it helps.

Leo,

1 Like

thx for the prompt reply, leo.

USB B is used to connect the MOD Duo as a device in your computer. It does send MIDI signals out, but it can not be used as an input for an external MIDI device.

So does that mean that:

• the midi coming out from USB B cannot be used by a DAW?
  • and that it cannot receive midi?

USB A can be used to connect external MIDI devices and you can also use a USB hub to connect more than one device to the same port.

Does that mean that with a male-male USB cable I can establish a communication between a DAW and MOD? I’d like to sync them since the mod cannot store samples for subsequent playback.

Not sure if I understand exactly what you are trying to do… but I guess you want to send MIDI from and to your DAW into the MOD?
If that is the case, the easiest way for this right now is to use a usb-to-din midi converter.
Your DAW will see a MIDI device (the converter cable) and the MOD will receive and send data over the DIN port.

2 Likes

That’s the answer I was looking for. Thanks falk!