Usb plugged into controlchain port

Hi there,

I somehow managed to plug the usb cable into the control chain plug of my mod duo. After that the device shut down. After disconecting all the cables, it rebooted if nothing happened. Congrats to building such a sturdy device!
I couldn’t find any thread about wrong pluggings, and maybe I’m the only one stupid enough to do so, but if this is a more common thing, I have a solution for that.
A friend has a 3d printer and he printed me a ethernet plug to protect the device from any wrongpluggings.

Hope someone finds it helpful :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve done it, too! This is a great idea.

That is a great solution :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to share the 3D file so that other users could also do the same?

Of course! I totally forgot to do that…

Make sure to try it out first, maybe on an unused device. First time it got stuck quite hard, so we had to use some sandpaper to make it fit more easy :wink:

Good luck

3 Likes

Well I never printed this plug… and I should also get some other plugs for the other ports I’m not using because…

That little bugger got IN my Dwarf! Yes, I opened it up and made sure the intruder left. I tried a capture mission but failed and it ended in death. But my Dwarf is currently back together and spider-free! Time to print some plugs!

6 Likes

Thats not a bug, it’s a feature :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes, that’s an organic access to the Web.

4 Likes

I mean, technically, that’s an on-board web server in the very literal sense.

5 Likes

Haha nice to see this thread come to life again. I think it was one of my first

1 Like