User input: Loop switcher plugin

Ohh Yes !! I want to test.
Thanks a lot.

@rogeriocouto

That could be a good idea, although the most commonly used name for the hardware counterparts is a loop-switcher. We will definitely consider it before we release the final version.

As promised, if you run the comment below in your terminal (you must have curl installed, be connected to the internet and have the MOD Duo connected to your PC) the plugin will install. It can be found under the ā€œUtilityā€ section as ā€œLoopSwitchā€ by ā€œMOD Teamā€.

curl http://web1.moddevices.com/shared/mod-loopswitch4.lv2.tar.gz | base64 | curl -F 'package=@-' http://192.168.51.1/sdk/install

Looking forward to your feedback!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been thinking about this too but I think that the wonderful thing about the DUO is that we can work in the ways that we are most comfortable with. I believe there are players who would be more comfortable working with an effects loop switcher than a pedalboard preset.

I, personally, prefer the pedalboard presets but I would use the loop switcher in the mean timeā€¦

I think that the Pedalboard Presets it is something completely necessary for 90% or 95% of users !!
IĀ“m one that really needs to use it !!

But I do not think theyā€™re mutually exclusive things !! The LooperSwitch (or the name that will be choose) could be soo usefull inside a Pedalboard too, even if it could be accessed by a Preset way.
Inside of a Pedalboard, you could control your loops, wthout change the entire preset.
Andā€¦ one important thing is: at the moment, change the entire pedalboard is really not ā€œpossibleā€ (the Mod do it, I know, but the gap at this moment, turns impossible to use it live, and I know that the ModDuoTeam is working on it).

I think that the LoopewSwitch is a very important plugin. Not for ā€œemulate e real lifeā€, but to give more agility, flexibility and access to control even more better the chain of effects.

2 Likes

Tried to install under windows 10 but the command was not recognized.

Already Installed and working OK. Today, I will perform some tests, and give some impressions and opinions.

Really Thank You, @jesse

@rogeriocouto

We did not test running the comment in windows 10, do you have Curl installed? Are you running the comment from the Docker terminal?

The easiest way to install would be from a Mac or Linux computer, do you have access to either one?

IĀ“ll try on a linux computer today. Thanks!

Installed !!!
Did not had the time to test it yet but the pedalboard interface will need a on/off toggle switch and ā€œledā€ for each loop and I think that the slanted send/return loops that you first proposed is better than in line loops.

thanks

Loopswitcher working fine.
Sometimes when connecting cables the cable connects to several inputs at once.
Also it looks a bit cluttered.

1 Like

@jesse

IĀ“ve been thinking about the toggle switches and a basic feature that the real loop switchers have is the ability to program which loops are going to get activated when pressing the button. I think this is a must have feature.
Any thoughts?

Rogerio

1 Like

@rogeriocouto

The interface is still up for discussion, if there was more spacing between the ports with the current layout, would that be better than having slanted channels? There will definitely be a toggle + led per loop in the release version of the plugin.

Being able to program the switcher is definitely a very useful feature, if more people ask for it then we will include it for sure.

Are there any problems with the sound when using the plugin? Did you find any way to break it?

I also want to thank everybody that is testing for us, you make it possible for us to spend our time developing some awesome new features!

//Jesse

1 Like

Hi @jesse !

For while, there is no problems with the sound. IĀ“v been testing delays, reverbs, any effects in each ā€œloopā€, and did not occur any problem with the sound.

Yes, being able to program the switcher, is definetely a very very useful feature. I Agree with it.

About the slanted channels, I donĀ“t know if this could be the best way. ItĀ“s good, o fcourse, butā€¦ Normally, the switch-loopers has the IN and OUT side by side. I donĀ“t know if this could be the best way, but fisically itĀ“s a good thing to use it, butā€¦ we are talking about a plug inā€¦ it means that we donĀ“t need to be tied to a physical spaces.

I think that we want to thank you for the idea (and implementation) of this plug in !!

I will perform more tests in this next two days.

Thanks!

ā€¦any more news on this switcher? looks like an important tool, but discussion has died downā€¦

1 Like

Hello @plutek

I think that this discussion died because there are clever ways to achieve the same results with the MOD that I hope the MOD Team are working on.
This was supposed to be a temporary solution.
If you look at the image posted above you will notice that the pedalboard looks cluttered.

I believe the team is working on ā€œscenesā€ where you can save the settings of the pedalboard and switch ā€œscenesā€ with one or two buttons. This would make a switcher obsoleteā€¦

2 Likes

ā€œworking onā€ ā€” nice! :slight_smile:
any idea of a rollout date?