Using the Mod Duo X as a midi controller

I’m trying to map the MDX to my octatrack, so it will control a couple of parameters.

I’m not entirely clear how to do this, with the MDX however.

I’m guessing I need to have a midi utility for each channel first, but then what do I need to do? It’s not clear to me what I need to do next to tell knob 1 to control the desired parameter cc.

Edit-I won’t delete this as it may be useful to someone else, however it’s ridiculously easy to do

Grab The Infamous Mindi, choose the channel, then choose the parameter and connect to the midi out on the board and et voilà

1 Like

OK, one thing I am struggling with is what device do I use, to assign the buttons to cc values?

Mindi doesn’t give me the option to assign a parameter to a but, just a knob.

Thanks!

1 Like

Exactly what I was going to suggest you :wink: Glad that you found it out

2 Likes

Didn’t test it myself, but have you tried to use the Control to CV before and map there the button? Then convert it with the Infamous Mindi.

Let me know if that works

2 Likes

Ooooh that’s a nice idea. I’ll try it this evening and let you know

2 Likes

Couldn’t work it out!

In my defence, I don’t talk cv, just midi. :rofl:

1 Like

did you label the CV port on the Manage CV ports? and then map it on the Infamous Mindi?

2 Likes

Nope, but I will try that when I get home tonight :grin: cheers

2 Likes

CV Tutorial: 3 Using CV signals to control any parameter on your pedalboard :wink:

3 Likes

That will turn on your “CV magic wand” :grin: :mage:

1 Like

I think this is kind of similar to what I want to do, and one of the reasons I bought the Mod, disappointing it doesn’t really do it > I understood all this, but the point of the foot-switch is you can’t map it it any continuous controls, so this CV trick is uselss, it can only be mapped to scrolling through lists and lists cannot be limited to a range…

Why not just have the footswitch be able to select min and max ranges on a control nob such as CV value and then that can be assigned anywhere? Such as CC number or w/e?

here’s my post:

Can you not realize this with the plugins CV Parameter Modulation, CV Range Divider?

3 Likes

Hi, a solution for midi CC button: “CV Parameter Modulation” (t.ly/HFmQ) set “value” to 100% and map CV out to " the infamous mindi" (t.ly/2Klo), then map the desired button of the DUO X to the “on/off switch” of “CV Parameter Modulation”

1 Like

Hi,

This is what I’m also looking for in order to see if a Mod device will spare me from getting a midi controller.
Were you able to control, say, a volume knob on the octatrack with this Inafmous Mindi?
I have a looper pedal that receives midi notes to activate, let’s say: reverse on the selected track or half tempo. Would I be able to control it with a Mod Device?
What if its the volume of a track? Can I assign a Mod Device knob to a certain CC message that controls volume of track 1 on my looper?

Sorry for intruding your post but didnt really understood the explanation cuz I’m very new to the Mod Devices.

1 Like

FWIW, I just found a plug-in called “Multi-button to CV” which might do what you want. What you have the CV value, you can use the CV busses to control Mindi. I haven’t tried it yet, but it is worth a try.

3 Likes

UPDATE: So, I gave it a try and it worked perfectly. For my purposes, I needed go to advance tab when assigning the control and set it to +unipolar so the CC values would jump for 0 to 127 instead of 64 to 127. Also, since I was using the buttons to create performance mutes, I found to “short” press to lag. I think because it was waiting for a double press. I fixed this by using the long press out and setting the long press to 1ms. This worked out great, but there may be another way to do it.

4 Likes