Vu-meter ? RMS, Peak, TP, LUFS...And multi-targeting knob assignment

so the dwarf does show meter values on the hardware now? need to check, would be awesome

No, but the possibility is there now to implement it on plugins.

4 Likes

Why is this still not possible? When you have tow mono filters for example to filter a stereo source it should be possible to assign knobs and/or midi to multiple parameters , for ex filter 1 (L channel) frequency and filter2 (R channel) frequency combined…

This is a real flaw in the assignments of knobs, also you could then make a superknob who does affect more than one parameter

I really am dissapointed this is still not possible, or is there a work around?

1 Like

It is possible if using CV mapped plugins, like shown on this pedalboard EXP:Externally Switched FX Loop - MOD Devices

8 Likes

Yes but if I want to use a specific filter that is not cv- controllable it should also be possible with midi or assigning knob to multiple parameters …
And I don’t really see why it could not be made possible

Re: meters, another vote here for an LUFS meter with a pedal display. Annoyingly, since my X LE is orphaned before the version that will work for this, I won’t benefit from it, but it’d be nice to have. That might convince me to finally get a used non-LE X.

1 Like

You can apply a CV control to non-CV-related parameters. Take a look here

4 Likes

Yes that’s true, but in my experience it does not always go with the correct results
For example if you assign control to cv module to generate cv output and name de cv output
you can assign it to a control on a not cv controllable module
But for ex if you assign it to the freq knob of a filter the value jumps too quick on low values it’s almost impossible to open de filter freq below half value.
So altough technically this works , it’s not practical useable

1 Like

I found a solution for my problem :slight_smile:
And i like to share it with you alll

At least with my mod duo X i can solve this with enabling the virtual loopback midi and using midi CC Map module (or more than one) the input is the midi input, the output is connected to loopback connector

It’s possible then to map midi cc 14 to for ex midi cc127 … you then map the first filter freq param to cc 14 the second filter freq param to cc 127 and voila you can have both filter freq param altered with CC14 on your midicontroller :slight_smile: And this works perfectly without the big jump on the first values

I don’t know if the virtual midi loopback property is in all the versions of mod pedals… but its worth looking into it (midi port settings)

5 Likes

There is even a shorter/better way

you can also use a midi channel unisono module

This copy’s all the midi in from one channel to another

so then you can for ex copy midi cc14 on chanel one to chanel two

Then you map one parameter to cc14 chanel one ,the other to cc14 chanel two :slight_smile:

6 Likes