Web interface on debian jessie

Hello
I just reinstalled my computer with debian jessie (debian 8, current stable version), and I can no more access to my modduo web interface. Before I was using ubuntu 12.04, it was working out of the box.
When I plug the mod, USB ethernet adapter appears in gnome , but marked as “deactivated”. an lsusb returns:

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0525:a4a2 Netchip Technology, Inc. Linux-USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget

I think it is just a matter of adding the right lines in /etc/network/interfaces or something like that…
If someone has already the solution, I prefer playing with my mod rather than struggling with debian config…
thanks

Hi, did you try

sudo ifconfig [device] up sudo dhclient [device]

?

thanks fps,

that works. but that also shuts down my internet connexion … I guess it is possible to configure my distro to make the connexion to modduo automatic, and also to keep both connexions running together ?

Perhaps you could try

sudo ifconfig [device] 192.168.51.2

Regards, Holger

P.S.: My Kubuntu (17.04) requires also manual address assignment. 16.10 did not…

thanks Codeman,

this command works. I have now both connexion.
any clue to have it automatically when plugging modduo ?

Hmmm… perhaps adding an udev rule for the device. Currently I was too lazy to add this to my system.

Regards, Holger

Is avahi installed ? If not, install it.

If you use modduo.local in the browser instead of “192.168.51.whatever”, that should help.

I installed avahi , unfortunately it does not help. I tried to setup an udev rule with no success (I think ifconfig is not launched as root bu udev). So I will keep on launching ifconfig by hand each time I connect the modduo… too bad there’s no a better way, but at least it works.
Thanks all for your help

I am quite surprised because I use debian 8 just as you do, got the same problem, and using modduo.local in the browser instead of the ip address with avahi running just sorted me out.