X42 - IR Convolver

I noticed that on file management it is possible to organize IR files in folders but on the player the same files appear uncategorized but all together. Is there a change for this?

Can you send a screenshot to better understand? Maybe it’s too early for me, but I’m not sure if I totally got it.
It also may be some buggy thing due to the beta stage of the plugin.

Thanks for the reply. As you can see on the resources:

all IR file they can be organized by folders.
After, opening the plugin, all files are displayed together, so you lose the folder organization and categorization:

1 Like

the files should be listed in filename order, including folder.
So your files in the “Air Windows” folder should all appear before the “Voxengo” ones.

is this not the case?
I recall doing this for 1.11.5 or a version around that.

1 Like

ah yeah…as far as I know the plugins don’t really support the folder structure so they grab what is inside the folder.
I believe that if you only use one layer of folders (kind of the root for IR Reverbs in this case) you will have it with the same organization.
It’s indeed something that would be cool to have to keep things organized.

3 Likes

Hello @avenir

Trying to make things less cluttered I have created a fake [empty] “.wav” file inside each folder and named so it stays on top of the folder.

I´m not proud of this workaround though.

Cheers

7 Likes

I understand you but allow me to tell that it’s a really smart one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That gives me an idea, that maybe separators are enough.
My main point on not placing full path on the list of files is because they can get quite long.
Requires some javascript, but seems quite doable :thinking:

10 Likes

seems like a great ploy

2 Likes

Plugin has been moved to stable! :tada:

15 Likes

Can anybody confirm if those would work? They seem to be really llong ones. They are in wave and I plan to run them on DuoX.

1 Like

It seems it is not an IR, but a sound clip in wave so it should rather be played with wave file plugin - an I suppose it would be not a problem at all. It still seems very intersteing since the sounds are made in all keys. If you sign up to a newsletter one sound is for free :wink:

1 Like