X42 Stereo X-Fade will not save Midi assignment of expression pedal

Description

x42 Stereo X-Fade is not saving the expression pedal assignment.

How to reproduce

1. Assign a midi expression pedal (I’m using the KM SoftStep with the Roland EV-5) to the “signal A/B” knob.
  2. Save pedalboard
  3. Switch to another pedalboard and re-load the pedal board with X-Fade. or Turn Duo Off/On
  4. “Signal A/B” knob is not assigned to the expression pedal.

Expected/suggested solution

Expect to have the Midi assignment stay when coming back the pedalboard or turning Duo off/on.

Additional information

I tested the assignment with the Gain plugin and works fine.

• release: Duo 1.2
  • controller: KM SoftStep V1 with Roland EV-5

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: Mac OSX
  • System version: 10.11.6

Any feedback?

I can confirm the issue.
Happens when either the minimum or maximum range of a midi cc is ‘-1’.

Grab a fix test-build here:
http://download.moddevices.com/releases/testing/modduo-v1.2.0.269.tar
(it’s the same as stock v1.2.0, with only added a fix for this issue)

Let me know if it works for you.

1 Like

@falkTX
Thank you! I uploaded the patch and it is now working.
I’ve restarted the unit a couple times and also reloaded the pedalboard to confirm.

Thank you!

There is one thing that is strange with setting the limits.

I am not able to set the limit if I go back to set the limit. For example: I can assign my expression pedal. I find a top limit that I like. Lets say 0.5. I go back in the settings and click on advanced and set the upper limit to 0.5 and click save. It does not set the limit.

However, if I set the limit at the same time as assigning the expression pedal it will save it but I can’t go back and edit. For example: Start with nothing assigned to the control. I open the settings and assign Midi Learn and click on advanced and set the upper limit to 0.5. THEN hit save and move the expression pedal and it works with upper limit at 0.5. BUT I can’t go back and edit the limit.

At least it saves now and will keep the assignment so this is less of an issue.

Thanks for confirming the fix.

The reason why changing the range doesn’t work it’s because it was implemented as a midi-learn option.
When you click ‘save’ after changing the range, the same MIDI CC is left untouched, and currently the software does nothing with it.

Very likely to be fixed in v1.3.

2 Likes

Other thing that would be nice is if the value of the setting shows on the screen as I change it just like the knob assignments. It can show the value as it changes and switch back to normal screen after a couple of seconds of no change.

Just my thought…

1 Like