1.1.2 stuck on the logo screen

Description

Made the update yesterday, and it was working fine, but one thing : I couldn’t delete pedalboards it said that a bug had occurred and the pedalboard couldn’t be deleted.
Today,I plugged the Mod Duo and it’s getting stuck on the logo screen. I tried a manual install, and the problem remains.

How to reproduce

1. update from 1.1.1
  2. pedalboard deleting problem
  3. unplug power cable
  4. plug power cable
  5. stuck on logo screen

Expected/suggested solution

Additional information

Windows 10

Also I tried to go back to 1.1.1, and the problem remains.

Tried 1.0.6 and it’s working.

Updated from the interface and it’s now doing an infinite reboot… :cold_sweat:
The 1.1.12 installs -> gets stuck on logo screen. I Unplug the power cable, plug it again -> it tries to install the 1.1.2 again.
But now I can’t use manual install anymore :confused:

Ok, so now it really seems I can’t enter the restore mode anymore…
The mod duo seems to believe, when I power it on, that it already has a file to install in its memory, so it doesn’t connect to get a new file.

The MOD does have a file in memory, the last one that it attempted to update via web interface.
In 1.1.2 it will keep reinstalling that file until it can boot normally.

I really want to know what’s going on there, but can only guess…
The user data partition is readable since it’s where it copies the last update file from.
hmm, can you leave the MOD on for some time while it tries to install the OS several times?
this is very strange… :frowning:

Ok, I’ll leave the mod duo trying to finish the update while I’m at work :wink:
But I hope it will reboot on its own, because it seems to be stuck on the mod duo logo screen if I don’t plug off the power cable (it’s not really an inifinite reboot : it seems I have to restart the mod duo manually)

Yet, it’s already been 20 minutes the mod duo is stuck on the logo screen. I guess it should have rebooted already ^^
(and of course, if I power it off and then on, it will try to install 1.1.2 once again, and go back to the logo screen)

I don’t know if it’s related, but now that I think of it : I’ve been downloading some pedalboards. And since then, the mod duo was only rebooting with the “kemper” one if you see which one I’m talking about.
Yesterday, after the update, I tried to delete it, and couldn’t. I tried to delete an another pedalboard, and couldn’t.
Today, the mod duo was stuck on the logo screen, and you know the rest !
Hope there’s a “simple” way to resolve my problem :slight_smile:
I’ll update tonight if something happens !

So, it’s not advisable to update a MOD, that’s acting weird?

Thanks for the additional information.

So this is very likely the user data partition needing an automatic repair.
I’ll do some more tests today…

Define weird.
We have to handle this case by case. They might seem similar, but what happens in the background might be completely different.
In Jumi’s case it seems very likely to be the data partition.

@Jumi do you have linux or mac os?
are you comfortable running a few commands over ssh?

1 Like

I am quite à novice with Linux, but I have it installed on a partition. I think I can give it a try. Thanks !

When the MOD is not working the way it should. But nevermind, I misread the initial post and thought, Jumi had problems deleting pedal boards before the update.

It’s all ok now thanks to falkTX’s help :slight_smile:

1 Like