Apostrophe is replaced with ' when re-saving

Description

When I load a pedalboard saved with a “’” (apostrophe) and re-save the apostrophe is replaced with “’”.

How to reproduce

1. Save a pedalboard with a name using the apostrophe. (for example save a pedalboard as “Dean’s”)
  2. Restart the DUO. Pull up the pedalboard called “Dean’s”
  3. Hit save and you should see the name change to DEAN'S
  4. Repeat and from step2. Next time you hit save the name comes up as DEAN'S Each time you repeat it injects a AMP… next time it will be DEAN'S and so on…

Expected/suggested solution

Expect name to be unchanged whenever I hit save.

Additional information

Open the controller menu (hold left knob down), navigate to Info > Versions and write down here the versions.

• release: V1.2.1
  • controller: e582b18

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: MAC
  • System version: 10.11.6

Fixed in https://github.com/moddevices/mod-ui/commit/1f966338557d8d594d2cd5b4b07d5a2ac3e77576

I’m not confident enough to push it to 1.2 series, so the fix will come in 1.3.

Thanks @falkTX!

Looking forward to it.

Is there a way to re-name a pedalboard? or do I just save-as and then delete the old one?

That’s a good question.
For now you save-as and delete the old one, yes.

1 Like

I realize that many of the things I bring up are kind of small in the grand scheme of things… but all part of the user experience. Thanks for listening.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

While its good to keep in perspective the severity of issues you report, these kind of issues are the spit and polish any product needs to become a really professional piece of equipment, so as a MOD owner and fan I’m glad you are reporting them all. Thanks!

2 Likes