Audio file player

I cant find the plugin on mod duo x plugin store. Where can I find that plugin?

Do you have 1.10 installed?

Do you mean the mod duo x update? When I received the product the version is 1.9.3.

Yeah, so either manually install 1.10-RC2 which is currently under testing, or wait a few more weeks until until we release that as stable.

1 Like

I am really sorry for asking basic question.
Do I need files to update mod duo x? Or if I just connect on computer through wifi does it automatically update when I press update on web gui?

Manual updates are done by manually putting unit into recovery/update mode and copying a file into its mass storage device.
See the steps described at Releases - MOD Wiki

Then you can download and copy over the file specified at the 1.10-RC2 forum post for the Duo X.
The files are signed and verified before being applied, so you cannot go wrong. Worst case it refuses to install.

1 Like

I find the file on the release forum not on the link you sent. Maybe be those wiki should be updated whick contai tar files. But thanks!

Also one last question. Can I just plug usb on the duo x to load audio files? Actually I dont understand the mod file manager section stand forā€¦

no usb use for user file usage just yet.

on the file manager it should be straight forward. just navigate to audio tracks, then press upload button.
then load audio file plugin, and you will see the file on the ā€œtracksā€ tab of the plugin gui.

1 Like

Thanks for building this tool - I think itā€™s going to be really valuable for what Iā€™d like to do with Mod Duo X.

Some feedback on the current release - if I delete files from the file management system, then those files still show in the plugin. I canā€™t see a way to refresh the list in the plugin to pick up changes. Perhaps Iā€™m missing something. I think this kind of ā€œrefreshā€ would be very useful if itā€™s not present.

Thanks again for your hard work!
Mike

1 Like

This is a limitation of the 1.10 release, to be handled better in 1.11

for now you can refresh the web page, or delete and add back the plugin.

2 Likes

Hi, finally managed to update to the latest version. Works fine for me, but I have the feeling that the PlugIn has become much quieter (although I have turned it up to 127). Can this be? Is there actually the possibility to adjust the volume of the Global Player somewhere?

Hi Ollii, we received some reports that something in the gains is not being applied correctly on the new 1.10 release.
The dev team is investigating it.
Thanks once again for reporting :wink:

1 Like

Would it be possible to reposition the cursor? Even better to loop over a selection?

Maybe for a new plugin.
Besides bug-fixing, for this particular plugin I would like to keep features as-is. aka ā€œdo one thing and do it wellā€.
Not that there are no bugs, but for the audiofile plugin my focus will go on bugfixing instead of new stuff.

That said, maybe reusing the engine of this plugin to do a looper?
Not something in my plans for the short term, finishing up DPF and the OneKnob Series comes first.

4 Likes

Hi, is it possible to scroll through the uploaded backing tracks right on the display of the Dwarf ? I can choose which backing track to play over the browser, but I would prefer to do so right on the deviceā€¦

not directly possible at this point, but you can create plugin presets after picking different files and map those presets for now.

2 Likes

Hi falkTX,

Iā€™m experiencing some problems in the audio file player on the DWARF. If LOOP is off, the file often doesnā€™t start at all. Iā€™ve specifically bounced all the WAVs Iā€™m using at 48/16, but Iā€™ve found that it only works reliably with LOOP turned onā€¦ in effect, for the couple of live shows Iā€™ve done recently, thatā€™s given me an additional task to do for each audio file I play: remembering to turn it off so it doesnā€™t start again during a set! ā€¦ the whole MOD ecosystem is so good for people like me who are performing multiple tasks on different instruments on stageā€“ā€“and seeing the audio file plug actually helped me decide to go for the purchase.

Is that something you or others are aware of? Would be so great if that could be looked atā€“ā€“so I donā€™t have to rebounce all the audio files with sufficient dead space on the end!

Thanks.

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t aware of this. When you turn LOOP off, whether it starts playing or not depends on the HOST SYNC option. If sync is on and the host transport position is out of bounds it wonā€™t play, but with host sync off it should always play from the start.

You are saying with LOOP off and HOST SYNC off, sometimes the audio file plays back again after it finishes?

Maybe Iā€™m dumb or something but I cannot find the audio file player plug-in on my Dwarf.
I have the 1.11.6.2909 system update.

I just received my MOD Dwarf todayā€¦

1 Like