Audio file player

Hmmm I tried updating the plugin but I don’t see any of the new features (host sync, volume). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no change. The thumbnail shows the new features but when I drag it onto the pedalboard it is just the old version of the plugin. I’m on a Mod Duo. I also tried uninstalling the plugin, rebooting the Duo and then reinstalling. Made no difference.

Edit: same for MIDI File. I am still getting the old GUIless view on pedalboards while the thumbnail shows its updated view.

something is off… does a unit reboot fix the issue? browser page force-reload?

Tried both and neither did the trick.

Mine is doing the same. Ive updated the audio player and the thumbnail shows the new version, but the plugin is still working like the old one.

A feature request: It would be nice to be able to pick the audiofile (and midi file in the midi player) with a knob on the device. Is it possible to assign that list to a knob/midi? :slight_smile:

known limitation of our current system, this is coming in v1.11

3 Likes

Sounds great! I love to be so much in touch with the people behind! Good job :pray:

The modified version appeared suddenly in the thumbnail !? and is working perfectly!
For your information, I still can see this in the plugin store image
But the .22-5 is installed in the constructor page.
One thousand thanks .

Edit:
Oops, The new version is not available anymore despite the .22-5 intalled ? for a new pedal board neither for the existing ones. Still the same after restarting the MOD.
Too bad it worked well

149.22-5 was the latest version yes.
something off is going on here…

I just did a rebuild of the plugins.
Latest version is now at 150.22-7

Worth noting: The “update all” only works for cloud/store plugins visible within the current search terms.
So in order for it to work for beta plugins, you got to first enable/show beta plugins and only after click to “update all”.

2 Likes

I just updated to the last version. When I click the plugin in the plugin list it shows the info and says version 150.22.7 but when I drag it to the Constructor and clicks the info button it says 146.22-3.

I use Safari as my main browser, but I just tried opening it in Chrome and there it was, working like a charm. So I guess it must be a cache thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to know. So that gives a rough idea of what to investigate for this.
Thanks

2 Likes

On Linux with a Firefox I’m also stuck with the old version, despite clearing cache and cookies.

Apart from that, it works quite well so far. Only with one pedalboard of the 16 that I have built for all the different songs that I use as a Backingtack to practice it always plays a wrong file. But have not yet found an exact pattern here. By the way, it is the first pedalboard by name that is displayed in the pedalboard list.

Again briefly to switch on. I know by now how to turn on the global player (press the left two foot buttons simultaneously, then switch to the second page and then start with the middle button). That’s a lot of actions that you have to do for each song. A way to shorten the path would be very desirable.

If you have pedalboard snapshots, the first snapshot is the one loaded with the pedalboard. This can be very confusing, so we will change this in later releases (maybe already in v1.11).

The audiofile plugin should not need any action to start a file playback, assuming host transport is off (which is true by default on the new version).

I think I have found the issue for the update caching issue, coming in 1.10-RC2.

1 Like

Hello, just for your information…
With 150.22-7 version (but old GUI) I have to push twice to the actuator linked to on/off to start playing.

Might be due to loop mode being off, so transport is out of bounds.

A nice little trick: put the on/off as a “momentary off” mode assignment.
That way when you click/press-down on the hw button, it sets playback as off, but as soon as you release the button it will set playback back on again. Effectively working as a trigger-type button for starting playback from the start. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not really usable. It starts to play directly once pedalboard loaded.
I prefer actually to set the loop mode and latching mode. Thanks
For me, there is a headache to combine loop, transport, on/off :crazy_face:

Shortly about the order in which the snapshots are called when you open a pedalboard. Always opening the first snapshot is the perfect way for the way I use the snapshots. For each song, I have created the snapshots in the order I need them. So if the Dwarf were to remember at some point which snapshot was active last, it would mean that I would have to navigate through all the snapshots back to the beginning for each song first, since I usually exit the pedalboard at the end of a song and then call up the next one. Depending on the song, that would be up to 12 clicks before I could start the song. I would not be so enthusiastic about that. So if you plan to call the last active snapshot it would be nice if you could make the behavior selectable somewhere in the setup.

3 Likes

Very interesting. We will keep that in mind, thanks.

FYI 1.10-RC2 is out now, which fixes the caching issues some of you have been having.

3 Likes

Just installed and tested and indeed RC2 fixes the caching issue! Loving it with momentary mode! Of course this made me think an attack and release volume envelope would be extremely handy but I know you’ve got a bazillion other priorities right now. :wink:

2 Likes

Just pushed the audiofile and midifile plugins to the store as stable!

and yes, the appropriate tab on the audiofile is auto-selected now.

4 Likes