Bluetooth Dongles tested on MOD Devices

Hello dear MOD family!

Finally, it is my time to ask you for some help :slight_smile:

I would really love it if you can help me and share brands/models of Bluetooth dongles that you successfully and unsuccessfully tried with the MOD devices in order to access the WebGUI.
The idea is to create a list and post it in our wiki for new users.

Please mind that I didn’t dig much in order to search for those feedbacks here in the forum. I’m aware that they were discussed here and there, but my idea is to save some time and keep straight into the subject.

Thank you so much in advance!

1 Like

Here is one that I use and have had zero issues so far!

2 Likes

Hello @jon,

https://forum.moddevices.com/t/suggested-bluetooth-dongle/3136

I don’t know this list was complete in 2019…

Hope that helps and God bless,
Marius

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your “MOD forum knowledge” with me! It really helps me out.
If you are aware of new dongles that also work or really don’t, please add them here

1 Like

This one is not working on my side (Android 9, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e):

LogiLink BT0015 nano USB Bluetooth Adapter Stick Dongle V 4.0

2 Likes

This Bluetooth dongle works perfectly with the dwarf :wink:

4 Likes

And this one runs Plug&Play. Just plug it and it works!
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00VWEK4IG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

Hi @jon
The Asus BT500 (Bluetooth 5.0) works perfectly !
I don’t see any latency in the webUI (a bit slow to charge though), very reliable !

2 Likes

ASUS BT400 works (with MOD Duo X)

1 Like

I’m using one of these - no problems with connection. Maxesla Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle Adapter Wireless Black Black for sale online | eBay

1 Like

Hi.
I’m very disapointed.
I try to connect WebUI on my MOD DUO X with the bluetooth dongle I used with my MOD DUO but it doesn’t works.
So I saw here that a guy from Mod Devices use a Asus BT400 bluetooth dongle with a Mod Duo X. I bought one but it still doesn’t work.
I’ m going mad.
What happen?
Why does it work with a Mod Duo and it doesn’t with a Mod Duo X?
Any ideas?

Hi Julien, the dongles should work with the Mod Duo X or the Dwarf, but depending on the receiving device, connection will not be established as the receiver doesn’t detect the sender.

1 Like

Hi all,

I just wanted to say that I have a TP-Link AC600 aka “Archer T2UB Nano” combined Bluetooth 4.2/WiFi USB dongle and that I have been able to connect successfully to my MOD Dwarf via Bluetooth from a Windows PC and an Android phone. It is not fast, but it does appear to work correctly. I disabled the “power save” mode (via the Windows driver) since that seems to have caused problems for some Linux users.

I have not tried the WiFi part yet, but it looks like a driver will be necessary, I will post in the WiFi topic when I have investigated further.

Cheers,
Paul

4 Likes

does blueetoth 5.0 work with the dwarf?