Bluetooth issue

No, I have never tried!
I’ll do it as soon as I can.

1 Like

Hi @jon
So I tried to connect with my computer and it works only with one bluetooth dongle, the Asus BT400

It works but it’s very slow…

But on android this dongle gives me this result on Samsung S4

this result on my phone

and this result on an old nvidia tablet

I tried the Asus BT400 bluetooth dongle plug in the Mod Duo X with an ipad it doesn’t work either. I can’t even pair the ipad and Mod Duo X.
But a generic bluetooth dongle plugged into the Mod Duo X work with the Ipad. It doesn’t with none of the 3 android device I got.
So I think it’s a android problem :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The speed issue is expected. It depends on a lot of things, dongle speed, how heavy your pedalboard is, etc.
But I guess this helps us getting somewhere. Now I’m more sure that the problem is not on the MOD DuoX.

Exactly.

I would suggest you focus on the dongles that worked on any device.
Does this help you somehow?

Thanks @jon
The problem is that I’ve already tried many bluetooth dongle. The generic bluetooth dongle was working with the Mod Duo why not with the Mod Duo X?
Do you have a dongle reference that really works and was tested with a Mod Duo X?
I already ask this question few months later and nobody answered and all bluetooth dongle reference I found is for Mod Duo or Mod Dwarf.

@jon
I know now why I choose a Asus BT400 bluetooth dongle. Because I’ve already read all post on this forum about Mod Duo X compatibilitty and and found this.
So i bought the same and the result is it doesn’t work for me.

Hi @Rom
I’m trying to get out of this bluetooth issue.
I read here that you have a Asus BT500 dongle. Is it this one that after a repair stop to work?
I have the same password issue with one of my android device, telling me the password is wrong. With other android device I have a diffrent error…
Do you still have issue with bluetooth?

1 Like

If you were still able to try with the Duo we would confirm if this was not caused by an update on the Android or any app that you installed. Like this is a bit harder. Bu last resort we will check it ourselves with your device.

The thread that you post is exactly where you should find it. @falkTX can help me on this, but I believe that the implementation is the same on the 3 devices. So what works either for the MOD Duo or MOD Dwarf should also work on the MOD DuoX.

Another proof that the issue most likely is on the host side and not on the MOD DuoX. Especially because this was also the dongle that worked in your PC.

1 Like

I could agree with you about an android update that could broke something if all android devices where not working with the Mod Duo the day before I recieved the Mod Duo X!
That’s too big to be true.
Could this issue be caused by a Mod plugin installation? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Didn’t you update after? Or install some app? One add block perhaps?

At this point, I can’t really say that no. But find it really really hard.

This happened with you since which OS is on the MOD DuoX? any idea?

Since I received it, it has never worked with the Mod Duo X.
I remember it was during the 1.9 RC release.
https://forum.moddevices.com/t/bluetooth-issue/5780?u=julien
But while looking at this forum I can see many poeple have the same issue with different Mod device…

1 Like

Maybe a recap would be useful. I’ve added a table on the bottom of this page, feel free to contribute.

https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Bluetooth

4 Likes

Thanks @redcloud good idea.

Yep,
The Asus BT500 connection with the dwarf works perfectly on all android devices but one : the one that I got repaired.
Didn’t try to reset this tablet though

1 Like

I’ve try a factory reset on one of my android tablet.
I’ll see what happen

1 Like

@jon
I’ve tried a factory reset on one of my old tablet.
The android os is stock from 2016 I think. It had never been update.
This android tablet is exactly the same that was working with the same bluetooth dongle and the Mod Duo.
I tdoesn’t work with the Mod Duo X.

Thank you a lot @redcloud! This helps us a lot and it’s one reason why we leave things open.
Also - I will not lie - saves me quite some work and makes the all documentation better researched.

1 Like

Really really weird. I guess that we will take some time to experiment as soon as we have your MOD DuoX and the dongles.

2 Likes

Hi @jon
Finally I bought a Mod Dwarf that will replace my Mod Duox during the return for repair and then the Mod dwarf will take place next to the Mod Duo x on the pedal board. It will run looperlative and mastering effects.
I’ve tried Bluetooth with the mod dwarf and the same Bluetooth dongle and android device and it work perfectly.
I have found a better solution for sharing the mod web ui with WiFi with all devices, very simple to set up and as fat as usb connection. I’ll explain the et up in a new post.

2 Likes

Awesome news! Thanks a lot for the support! I would really enjoy checking a walkthrough on your setup when you have it fully in place.

Hmm…really weird! Either something is wrong on the MOD DuoX or on the way that it got configured in your tablet. Anyway, we will check it and it’s really nice that we are able to narrow the troubleshooting.

I’m curious about that :slight_smile: