Can no longer save or delete a pedalboard or switch pedalboards

Description

I just upgraded to 1.0.5, then created 2 new pedalboards and suddenly nothing is working.

I can’t save any changes to the current pedalboard in the gui - it says “Bug! Couldn’t save pedalboard”.

I can’t delete a pedalboard in the gui - it says “Bug! Couldn’t remove pedalboard”.

I can’t switch pedalboards using the right knob (after disconnecting from the gui). It shows the list but doesn’t change.

I can’t switch pedalboards in the gui - it just hangs at “Loading pedalboard…”. After that there is no response from any of the controls on the mod or from the gui. After rebooting it I’m back to the same problems again.

Apart from upgrading to 1.0.5 I’ve done 2 things I hadn’t done before. 1) When assigning controls to the knobs I used the ‘Advanced’ link to edit the names. 2) I used the rkr Distortion plugin in a pedalboard. That’s the one it’s now stuck on. It loads and works when the mod boots, but it shows with the crossed out circle logo in the pedalboards view.

Additional information

• release:v1.0.5
  • controller:7497014
  • Operating system: Linux
  • System version: Debian Testing
  • Browser: Chrome - Version 52.0.2743.116 Built on 8.5, running on Debian stretch/sid (64-bit)

Let me know if you want screenshots or any other information.

I tried to uninstall rkr Distortion (after removing it from the pedalboard) and it says “Failed to uninstall plugin”.

I’ve removed everything from the pedalboard and then added a single gain like the default and it still won’t save like that. After rebooting it loads the same pedalboard as it was when it first went wrong.

We had a MOD in the office with the same issue some days ago.
It’s rare, but I believe it happens when unplugging the power while saving data to disk.
For precaution the user data partition in the MOD is mounted read-only.

We have a fix in 1.0.6 that allows to still load pedalboards while the filesystem is read-only.
The upcoming 1.1.0 release has a mechanism to automatically recover user data partition. I’ll PM you a link, it’s likely to solve your issue. Just give me a few minutes…

It all seems fine after installing that. Thanks very much for that.

No problem, thanks for the confirmation.