Could not install plugin: Unauthorized

I just got a mod. When I started it up and connected to the Mod with a browser the browser-UI wanted to install 1.0.6. This seems to have worked, though I could not figure out how to determine what version of the firmware is installed on the Mod itself or on the web-UI. Well. the URL on the web-UI somehow became “http://192.168.51.1/?v=1.0.6” so I guess that means 1.0.6 is installed.

Ok, in the web-UI I tried to update some plugins but got the “Could not install plugin: Unauthorized” error. I tried the suggestion from https://forum.moddevices.com/t/unauthorized-plugin-upgrade-and-installing/177/10: “Open this url => https://api.moddevices.com/v2/lv2/stats” but it did not solve the problem. I’ve tried different browsers (Chrome, Chromium, Firefox), different OSes (kxstudio, AVL2016), cycling Mod power, did not help.
Another thread suggested you need an empty pedalboard to do upgrades. I tried this but no help. Any other suggestions?

1 Like

@varpa I’m investigating your case but it seems to be an issue that we already have a fix in place that should come out in our next release (1.1). I’ll let you know if I find anything new related specific to your case or else just wait for 1.1 and let’s see if it fixes the issue for you.

Thanks,
Alex.

1 Like

Ok, glad to know this problem is understood. Looking forward to 1.1.

1 Like

Installed modduo-v1.1.0-RC1 – Still have the authorization problem!!! Needless to say this is quite annoying not to be able in upgrade or installed new plugins. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to enter a password somewhere in the Mod interface to be able to install plugins?

1 Like

What’s the exact error you get in 1.1?
We now distinguish from ‘unauthorized’ and ‘unauthenticated’. Which one do you get?

This distinction will help us a lot to figure out the issue you’re having.

And btw, it’s not something you need to do.
This is almost certainly an issue on our side.
(we just need to know if it’s software or hardware)

1 Like

@varpa I have contacted you privately to investigate further the issue. Please reply whenever you can.

1 Like

The error I get is 'Cannot install plugins, authentication failure"

Also I still get the an error when clicking “New Pedalboard” that tne mod icon spins endlessly saying
"Loading pedalboard…". The work-around for this is to close the tab and open a new one to the Mod.

Issue has been fixed on our side. Thanks for you help @varpa.

Hi,

I just received my Mod Duo and it seems I’m facing the same/a very similar issue. Whenever I try to download or update a plugin I see the error “Cannot install plugins: Authorization failure”.
Is there something I can do to help debugging the problem?
Opening a new tab didn’t do the trick.

I did send the last 4 digits of my Mod serial number to acunha so it may have been an authorization issue on the side of Mod that my particular Modduo was not authorized. But also I did CTRL+R in the mod-ui to refresh it before trying a plugin installation. Sorry, my instructions are not more clear, I’m not completely sure how the problem got fixed.

@napcode I sent you a private message, please take a look and I’ll help you with the issue.

Hello,

similar type of problem here.

I have updated to the last release last night.

Today, for the first time, I tried to install the “money for something” pedal board by clicking on the “try now” button. While that particular browser tab showed the message that the pedalboard was being loaded on my mod, the tab with the mod interface itself displayed “Cannot load pedalboard authentication failure”.

Thanks for any sort of help !

Alex

@Azza if it was working before, trying a force-reload of the browser page (either shift+refresh or cmd+shift+R).

We’ll check this situation again tomorrow.

No not working before, just got it. shift+refresh or cmd+shift+R did not solve it either.