Datsounds - OB-Xd

will you add them??

1 Like

how??

Presets can be found here:
Downloads, Banks, Patches, Presets, etc. (kvraudio.com)

I think with some thinkering they can be added to the LV2 package…

3 Likes

Oh I’d love a GUI for the beta plugin, being a synth noob and all :wink:

2 Likes

Who and how??

Hey, what is the status on this? Need some help?

@krullebolle the status hasn’t change.
You can fork GitHub - spunktsch/OBXD-mod-gui.

The Layout needs to be converted to flexbox instead of grid. To keep max. compatibility according to @falkTX.
Then you can send a pull request to GitHub - moddevices/mod-lv2-data: MOD LV2 data (plugins, presets and pedalboards)

On the code-side a blocker is gone now.

The OBXD build in the MOD store comes from DISTRHO-Ports which is quite the old version now. But I switched to use “meson” (fancy new build system) on the DISTRHO-Ports to replace the old “premake” system.
The mod-plugin-builder cannot support meson right now due to technical debt sorta issue, and having OBXD on that big repo/project is not exactly the best way to handle it so I have a fork at DISTRHO-Ports/OB-Xd.
I have yet to port the custom changes made to OBXD in this new repo (but it just needs a build with desktop GUI disabled).

The good news is that the JUCE side is done now, I have spent some time during holidays setting up my juce fork at DISTRHO/JUCE to support 5.x, 6.0, 6.1 and 7.0 versions of JUCE. That covers pretty much all versions used in plugins.
Then did the mod-plugin-builder side too to match, as can be seen in https://github.com/moddevices/mod-plugin-builder/tree/master/plugins-dep/package
So we have packages for 6.0, 6.1 and 7.0 versions of JUCE with all the patching needed for cross-compilation, LV2 support (relevant only in version < 7) and with desktop GUI disabled.

There are some licensing issues that have popped up due to DiscoDSP getting the rights and artwork license for the plugin.
While the code remains open-source and GPL, the artwork is their IP and they do not allow to be reused or redistributed. So the target is to use a version before DiscoDSP got in control, backporting any fixes that do not touch the artwork side of things.
For MOD this doesnt matter much as we can use the custom gui @spunktsch has started.

A few posts above @spunktsch mentions the TODO items for the GUI. If anyone wants to try to tackle those it would be very welcome.
The part with updating and building new OBXD version can happen in parallel, it does not block any GUI work. We can use the OBXD in the beta store as reference point, the parameters have not changed.

9 Likes

Do you have an example from a plugin already using the flexbox css style format?
Its been a longtime since I done CSS, but if I find time I`ll look into it.

1 Like

For users without programming knowledge, can they wait until the plugin is released with a GUI and appears in the store?

1 Like

There’s currently some parameters that act like buttons, but that are represented as dials in the MOD web editor. Would it be at all helpful to list these here or somewhere else? I’d love to see OBXD on the official store, I’ve been using the current Beta version a lot and it’s been functioning well.

Cheers

1 Like