Devcurmudgeon - ALO - (multi-looper with BPM sync)

I would definitely love that feature to be implemented. I use ALO looper a LOT, and playing pre-recorded loops is something I would use, so count with me if I can help in any way.

The only issue I noticed is that sometimes, when I’ve recorded like three loops, I try to record another one and I don’t know why the others have been deleted. I don’t know if maybe when I push two different buttons within 1 sec. or something like that could affect. But I always set it to delete the loop when I press twice the corresponding button.

Hi everyone,

It’s been a long time.since I tried ALO and when I tried it again today, I was unable to make it work as I intended to.

Would there be a tutorial somewhere ? I guess it would be very useful for everyone (and actually for every looper available on the platform).

I guess I could learn some stuff by reading the 121 posts on this thread, but I would prefer some more centralised information. The plugin description is also better than the one of many other plugins, but I’m still too dumb to be able to do something practical after reading it.

Thanks for any pointer.

1 Like

Hi Azza
there’s a video tutorial which should help you get re-started: Alo Looper demo/tutorial - YouTube

There are some extra features now, not covered in the tutorial. At some point I should get around to making a new one :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you so much !!!

1 Like

Actually it was a looper (but Looperlative) that triggered exactly that. If you check it actually there’s some documentation and we plan to do it for more plugins.

thank you @devcurmudgeon :wink:

It’s Dwarf only I believe. My dwarf hasn’t arrived yet and I am still using my Duo.

Regarding ALO, I’m watching the Youtube video but it doesn’t seem to say much about how to use it without global BPM. Any pointer ?

Nope. For now yes, but it’s only because some features are required that are available only on the MOD Dwarf. Anyway, the 1.12 will bring the catch-up and will allow it to be also available for the MOD DuoX.

3 Likes

on my MDX I used ALO a lot.
I’m now setting up my Dward, and could not find ALO anymore, was it abandoned ?

I kind of remember it had a bpm/ bar approach which made it very useful for me (as I need to sync precisely with an external beatbox, so once I know its bpm, I just play loop my stuff over it without needing to click exactly on time).
I took a quick look at SooperLooper, and Looperlative but they seem more a press start-stop to loop which makes it tricky to have a loop in sync with the beat over a long period of time.

Edit: my bad, thought I had the beta flag activated in the plugin store… did not… it’s there !!!

3 Likes