Dwarf production updates wanted:)

Sorry for the late reply.
We have to be super busy with devices shipping out and unfortunately at this point in time our “hands” are super limited, so I’m dividing myself between answering you guys and shipping your devices. I’m prioritizing the second since receiving the devices will “kill” a lot of your questions and you focus the questions more on the way that the devices work or would you like them to work.
Just to give you a little glimpse, by the end of today we will have almost 100 devices shipped in a single week! Most of them are the new MOD Dwarf.

By the way that you wrote, it seems that you didn’t follow the last Kickstarter updates and especially answer the survey. No worries with that, but please do it asap since that is helping us organizing the order of fulfilment/deliveries. Please find it here.

No one is cheating on anyone. There were a lot of problems on the way, that if you follow the updates you must be aware of. Fortunately, most of those problems are already solved and at this point, the shipments are mainly holding on how fast our hands can work packing and sending them to you.
Together with the fact that we needed to open direct sales, these are two really important reasons to know your answer to the survey. It will help us a lot.

Hope you understand.

6 Likes

Thank you @jon

I read the kickstarter updates. As a matter of fact, I read them again almost every day, even though I’ve read them several times already.

I’ve taken the survey the very day after I received the notice mail, almost 2 weeks ago. If you read a couple posts above, you will find that I was worried that it would delay further the shipping, as not everyone might have answered. You already replied to this, as you said the survey would be processed this very week, and a schedule organized

So, TLDR, I was expecting a shipping notice this week, as I understand 100+ have been shipped beta+earlybirds, and (sorry for exposing personal case), I should be one of them.

Hence the doubts I’ve expressed.

Hi everyone!

I’d like to ask the MOD Team if there is any way to know if our dwarves have been shipped, or if by the time they’re shipped we will receive a confirmation email, or tracking number, etc.

By the way, just for you to know, the survey can be filled as many times as you want. By mistake I filled it again (as it allowed me to fill it, I thought I haven’t done it before). Maybe if you change it so you can only fill it once it would be less confusing for you, so you don’t have repeated surveys for the same person.

Thank you very much, I think most of us understand we’ve been through a terrible situation and we know you’re working hard to keep everyone satisfied.

3 Likes

Hi Jon thank you for answering and remain active in this post.
KS early bird backer here. My pledge number is #94. And I want a follow up of the shipping status.
I currently located at US. Which I responded to both Kickstarter and google survey. As you have mentioned 100 of the unit is being shipped out, does it mean mine was shipped out? If so, could there be a confirmation email for tracking? Thank you.
Im hesitating since my lease of my current place is ending by July 30th. I think we have plenty of the but I also feel insecure since I didn’t received email about it.

As said in the survey, the shipments will happen between June and July. With the number of devices that we are receiving from the factory and the numbers for the first delivery slot I strongly believe that it will really happen that way since we still have more than a month to go.
Please keep patient and worry not. We are not tricking anyone and you will get your device. As I stated before, at this point it’s just a matter of how fast our hands can work.
Just as a single example of the problems that we need to tackle every single day (and those affect companies way bigger than ours), is that we were running low on pouch envelopes to put the shipping labels and documents, ordered more from UPS last Friday and they still didn’t arrive. Meanwhile, they eventually finished and we are running around trying to get them from every single shop (online and offline) and “wasting our time” with that instead of packing even more devices.
I guess that this can show you that we are really doing our best and are not…

…as you said before.
Just a bit of patience. 2 weeks may seem a lot on your side, but it’s not so much on ours to get and prepare so many devices.

1 Like

This is also something that is keeping us busy.
Basically we plan to import all the pledges as an order in our online shop system and this will automatically trigger emails for all of you with the tracking numbers.
As far as I know, it’s not yet totally implemented and working. But it will eventually be soon.
Meanwhile this will not stop us to ship your devices (as I believe you prefer). So eventually some of you will get this emails and some of you will not.

EDIT: regarding the survey be possible to answer multiple times, we actually change it to be like that since there are some backers that backed for multiple type of perks and will get multiple device. Without this options they wouldn’t be able to select different options for all of their devices.

2 Likes

Thanks Jon! That means you are currently able to send out 100~ units per week?

1 Like

No, I checked out database an your device is not yet being shipped. If you prefer I can leave a note on our database regarding your pledge. Yet, if you selected the option 1 on the survey, I believe that you will get it before July 30th.
I can also suggest you to ping me on a DM or so around half of July if you didn’t receive your device yet, so we can better organize your shipment and ship to the right place

Well, roughly yes. If no issue happens in all supply chains (considering devices, all accessories, boxes, etc. I’m kind of re-calling the pouch envelopes issue that I explained before…and I know how ridiculous it sounds, but it’s out of our scope from the moment it’s taking a week for us to get them).

I would just like to remind people of this tidbit from the Kickstarter support page.:

At the same time, backers must understand that Kickstarter is not a store. When you back a project on Kickstarter, you’re helping create something new — not pre-ordering something that already exists.

Everyone wants their precious reward, but let’s chill a little bit and remember that we chose to back a project, not buy a thing. Coming at the MOD team with all this negativity is just going to wear them down and certainly won’t get you a Dwarf any faster.

18 Likes

I received the communication via INDIEGOGO from Mr. Ceccolini, I am happy to know that soon you will start shipping for those who have chosen the first option (I am one of them). However, I would like to point out that by sending the questionnaire I do not receive any email notification and I am not even sent back to a page that confirms that you have received my choice (I hope not to discover with delay that my choice never arrived and to be in the option 3.

2 Likes

Hi. Yes II filled out the survey? But it was a weird experience, I didn’t put my email or pledge detail. But if I did I am sure I picked first option.
Should I fill the survey again? Just to be safe? I actually don’t exactly remember. I didn’t remember getting survey record. I for sure have clicked in to the link right when I got the email. As some folks mentioned you can fill it more than once.
And Jon Thanks for checking it for me.

Ok nvm I just fill it because I was not sure if I actually did it. Hopefully it won’t affect if that’s a repetitive filling entry

And yes jon please make a not on the pledge regarding of my situation and shipping preference arrive before end July. Thanks

In addition To be accurate my lease will ends at the 25th of July. But I’m confident with that many being shipping we can make it since I’m the 94th. Please do take this as a consideration!

1 Like

I can confirm that we received your answer and it corresponds to the earliest delivery date.
As far as I know, Google Forms (what we used) sends a confirmation email when you answer a survey. I’m not 100% sure about this and went to quickly double-check the settings of the form. I couldn’t find anything that says that it does or it doesn’t (I’m basing my statement on previous experiences). If some of you can confirm this for me I would be really thankful.

1 Like

Just left a note with that and yes, we will take that in consideration while organizing the next shipping bulks

Jon. Thanks for helping me. Excited to see and use it next month.
And the google survey does not send you the confirmation. The one I filled yesterday did not comes with any email.
And that was the reason why I filled it twice since there’s no confirmation given. Hopefully that helps.

1 Like

Yes. It helps a lot.
We will try to fix it soon

No it doesn’t send a confirmation email, at least in this case and for me

Thanks for confirming this. We are actually receiving reports of that. Please don’t let that hold on your answers.