Dwarf production updates wanted:)

Yes, it is. I will bring again your availability to the discussion.
Yet at this point the problem is not just with that, but also the low rate of devices that we are receiving.
I’m not sure if you are aware of the power shortages in China, but our suppliers are letting us know that they can’t deliver and need to send workers home due to that.
On top of that, the region where our manufacturing partner is located here in Germany is now having a spike with corona cases and facing new quarantines.
It’s a chain of events super annoying. Especially if we look back to what other events happened before that and also fed these delays, but unfortunately, this is the world that we are leaving right now :confused:

1 Like

Any news on the 3rd tier alternate colour? I just want to put it out there I really like the colour of the mxr carbon copy

6 Likes

Hopefully soon!
We are kind of putting a few things together and confirming to release a new update. That is one of the things that we want to have closed for the update

3 Likes

Regarding the “Special Edition” I have been working on a custom laser engraving design. We are getting samples of 4 different colours that are all some variation of a metallice/gunmetal grey. When the painted samples arrive we will do the custom laser engraving on them and send you guys a photo of the colour we decide on.

We’re also trying to decide on the name for this edition. Currently we aren’t sure if it will have a descriptive name like “special edition” or if we will give it an actual proper noun name. Either way, we are doing our best to make this a truly special and collectable device. I hope you will be as excited about it as I am :blush:

6 Likes

If you once create a white version of the dwarf please let me know. I will buy it right away.

3 Likes

Hello @Kim,

this is my preferred colour, too.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

I would suggest… Thorin Oakenshield!!! :rofl:

3 Likes

Hello!
I am really excited for my Dwarf!
There is no rush, but is it possible to get an estimate on when I can expect it to drop down in the mailbox? :smiley:

I was one of the Early Birds and have backing number 251.

And again, I know there has been massive delays on many fronts :slight_smile: I just wanna make sure that nothing has gone wrong with my order.

/Oskar

1 Like

Thank you for your excitement.
As far as I can see in our database you selected the latest option. We are a bit behind schedule due to issues with our supply chain and more recently also with out production - our manufacturing partner is located in one of the areas of Germany being now again super affected by quarantines.
We are planning to release an update really soon with more details. Keep an eye on Kickstarter/Indiegogo updates.

More than that (and once again), it’s really really hard to make any valid estimation on each particular shipment. I can understand how annoying that is, but unfortunately that’s the reality due to all the reasons that I explained some posts ago. Sometimes, either due to issues with shipments to a particular area, lack of some particular part (even for example plugs that are directly connected with the location) we need to re-organize the next fulfilment. This happens almost all the time. Giving you estimations would be a bit of a waste of your expectations and of time in our side.
Hope you understand.

5 Likes

Tell us at least about the second tier

We are shipping it, although way slower than we would expect.
It’s also really hard to say for each specific case. We are planning an update really soon. Unfortunately due to the current quarantines in the region of our manufacturing partner, plus the already longer supply chain crises, most likely the last device from tier 2 will be shipped already later in December. Unfortunately, this is the most likely scenario on the top of the table at this moment. But more and definitive info will be coming on the update really soon.

Again, I want to tell you this - and I know how frustrating it is - even if your device is shipped by the end of the week or in the next one, it’s impossible for us to predict or tell you that we will really reach yours or any other backer. It depends on way too many variables (as I already described here).

It’s painfully…we know it. It’s annoying…we also know it. It’s way too long of a wait…we couldn’t agree more!
We really want to have as many MOD Dwarfs out as possible so we can see the wonders that you all guys create with it and we can learn and get better. But unfortunately, this is “the game” that we need to play with the current world situation.

3 Likes

so please consider to give extra plugins or some other compensation. It was not what I have agreed filling the survey. It was about august/september. I know that some of forum users have lots of multiefects or other guitar gear and You could wait a bit longer. It is my first device that I hope to get with my guitar and it is really frustrating :frowning:

3 Likes

We understand and we will find the best way to compensate.
As I said, we share that frustration and we also can’t wait to learn how you use the MOD Dwarf, check the wonders that you create with it, and improve the device as you improve your skills.
All backers have for sure a good reason for their options on the survey and all of them are valuable for this project. After all, without you, it wouldn’t even be a reality.
That said, any single one of you is extremely important for us and we really need you all to keep improving the device, the platform, and overall our offer. Yet, we can’t really “bypass” what is currently happening in the world and the influence of it in all our wishes/desires (yours and the ones from the MOD team).

Thanks for replying!
And yes, I have no rush getting it but I am also super excited for when it does show up! I’m currently enjoying my MOD Duo on my pedalboard and am thrilled to see what the Dwarf can do as its replacement!

At least now I know everything is fine with my order, despite the delays! :smiley:

2 Likes

I just read the Indiegogo update.
In situations like this, it is hard too communicate too much so keep 'm coming! Really!
In this case, that isn’t spam!

From my past in communications, I learned that expectation management is key.

If you are able to provide backers a personalized status based on their backing ID or something, you can still let that date shift but they’ll know whether their package is on their way (perhaps for a long time, for others it sohuldn’t etc) or still needs to be created thus no need to get worried about international shipping etc.

A table with indications instead of personalization can work too.
A transparant status on which ID’s are being shipped and which aren’t can work too.

Although nothing is truly accurate, up to date and certainly not fixed, users will understand but the info you do have, will gain their trust and save you a bunch of calls/mails/loss in trust for future projects.

Expectation management is always key, in every phase of a project.

You guys never lost my trust but I must admit just knowing my ID is on the list somewhere would give me that bit of extra assurance. For all we know, somebody’s ID got missing from the queue along the way and that person is waiting in vain.

3 Likes

I would like to know that, but I predict a lot of time lost explaining why X, that was to be shipped after my data, is off the list. A one time immutable list is also not very useful.
Trust is key, so I’m in the trust wagon.
Best,

2 Likes

Thank you so much for that. If you answered the survey (or even if you didn’t but just backed the project), your pledge is certainly on our database.

Although I understand this, there are a few reasons that I already explained here before that don’t really allow us to do this or/and we don’t believe that it will help.
We can start with the fact that we also don’t get this accurate info from our suppliers or even from the manufacturing partner. I can tell you that this week we were expecting dozens of devices arriving from the factory. Due to the reasons that we read in the update we actually ended up receiving none. This unfulfilled even our own expectations. In the current world situation, things are changing all the time and plans are going through the garbage quite often, as you already noticed. On top of that, we are a small team managing all of this, keeping those lists would just overwhelm us even more, and “still time” to get these sorts of issues solved and/or actually check and ship the devices.
1h taken to update a list every time that something unpredictable happens, it’s 1h less to solve that unpredictable event. Simple example: If we spend 1h updating such list, it’s 1h less that we can spend with procurement of a supplier for the certain part when our current supplier tells us that the order that should arrive next month will take more than 2 months to arrive.

And again…a backer ID has a lot of personal data connected that we can’t really disclose. Meaning: addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc.

We also understand and agree with this. Yet, we are not living the most “normal” times where certain methods are so easy to apply.

Exactly

Thank you so much for that! We will do our best to compensate your trust :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s cool @jon Thanks for replying!
I was afraid so, just keep those updates coming, I tihnk that’s the best MOD Devices can do right now :smiley: (they can be short!)

let’s just wait and see if it was worth the wait…

just kidding
it’s going to be awesome :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Jon,

any updates about Tier 2 units? Last info is 1/3 already sent… I understand all the problems and the unwanted delays, and I’m glad about your hard work!

I just wanted to know if I will be able to play with my Dwarf before christmas :wink:

I’m kickstarter backer 549.

Thansk!

Hi Fer,

Thank you for your message and for understanding.

That’s exactly the plan for tier 2 at this moment.

I’ve been working from home since Thursday, but I just learned that some devices arrived.
I’m not sure how many of them we have and if that will be enough to reach you, but things are moving :wink:

2 Likes